Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
st-rr front drive shafts keep poping out thread 2 >

st-rr front drive shafts keep poping out thread 2

st-rr front drive shafts keep poping out thread 2

Old 06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
didrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 459
Default st-rr front drive shafts keep poping out thread 2

i posted the same thread yesterday but it went to the onroad threads with t a different title..

the thing starts to worry me a lot.. i can clearly see the front drive shaft to come almost to the outside of the cup whatever i do..

my mp9 driveshaft dont even move when i move the suspension arm up..please someone if he can have a look at his st-rr or if he had the same problem to help me solve the problem....i cant think of any solution..

some of you guys said to use something between the shock to leesen the uptravel but when i tried it it still had the same effect with less uptravel..i d?

does your front drive shaft come out when you move the front a arm up?
didrace is offline  
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 PM
  #2  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
freestylinmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by didrace View Post
i posted the same thread yesterday but it went to the onroad threads with t a different title..

the thing starts to worry me a lot.. i can clearly see the front drive shaft to come almost to the outside of the cup whatever i do..

my mp9 driveshaft dont even move when i move the suspension arm up..please someone if he can have a look at his st-rr or if he had the same problem to help me solve the problem....i cant think of any solution..

some of you guys said to use something between the shock to leesen the uptravel but when i tried it it still had the same effect with less uptravel..i d?

does your front drive shaft come out when you move the front a arm up?

Is there a way you can get pictures? A couple of its ride height from different angles and a couple with the shock and A-arm compressed would be helpful!
freestylinmotox is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 AM
  #3  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
sp2thielen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Council Tuckey, IA
Posts: 192
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

do you have the right cvd's? id start there. make sure they are the right length. If they r the ones that came with it you should be good. but i have never had that issue with mine. some pics would definatly help diagnose the problem
sp2thielen is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 AM
  #4  
noR
Tech Adept
iTrader: (39)
 
noR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

I have not experienced this problem either.

If you bought it used, that MAY be what's happened.

MP9 CVD's, or 777 CVD's look nearly the same; but have a SLIGHTLY different length.

If you have calipers, measure yours.
noR is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 AM
  #5  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 429
Default

Could be down to your shock positions, droop settings, and front hub positions...

Could also be down to your shimming of the hubs (if keep shimming outward) and/or diff (if shimmed too far one way)....
Jaf1977 is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:59 AM
  #6  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,837
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sp2thielen View Post
do you have the right cvd's? id start there. make sure they are the right length. If they r the ones that came with it you should be good. but i have never had that issue with mine. some pics would definatly help diagnose the problem
this is very possible if you bought it used , or if it is an st-r with out the light drives and has the shorter old uni's .



pics can say so much
houston is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 06:01 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
didrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 459
Default

Hello there.. i will try and get pics for you to see and if possible a video..

i cant believe what is happening too...

things i have done?
i changed the driveshafts.

i have checked and made sure are the longer ones that come with the st-rr ..

i have shimmed the driveshaft as inwards as possible..

i check for broken parts

i limited the suspesnion travel a lot

i used more negative camber
i changed the diff cups to new ones..

nothing nothing nothing..when i run the car suddenly the axle pops out..

even without jumping..

i want to smash it..

i caklled kyosho america and they said this never happened to anyone..thanks for the help...very helpful aa..
didrace is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
  #8  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,837
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by didrace View Post
Hello there.. i will try and get pics for you to see and if possible a video..

i cant believe what is happening too...

things i have done?
i changed the driveshafts.

i have checked and made sure are the longer ones that come with the st-rr ..

i have shimmed the driveshaft as inwards as possible..

i check for broken parts

i limited the suspesnion travel a lot

i used more negative camber
i changed the diff cups to new ones..

nothing nothing nothing..when i run the car suddenly the axle pops out..

even without jumping..

i want to smash it..

i caklled kyosho america and they said this never happened to anyone..thanks for the help...very helpful aa..
you definitely have something wrong with the equation .........


must have some wrong parts on truck or something didrace

i used the original shorter uni's on my old truck and limited the shocks like i told ya earlier and ran the truck for 2 yrs with no problems ............... doesn't mean i didn't go through ring and pinions
houston is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 06:16 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
didrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 459
Default

everything is kyosho..evrything is almost new ...

cant get it..
didrace is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 06:25 PM
  #10  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
didrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 459
Default

does the shock tower bushing position play a role?

i have the towe bushing up and the upper mount bushing down..
didrace is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 PM
  #11  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,837
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by didrace View Post
does the shock tower bushing position play a role?

i have the towe bushing up and the upper mount bushing down..
there is pretty much nothing you can do to make what is happening to you happen .

i keep lookin at my st-rr wondering what the hell could be done to make this happen
houston is offline  
Old 06-04-2009, 03:30 AM
  #12  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 429
Default

How far over is the diff shimmed? If you have kept shimming it tighter and tighter and have a load of shims on the bevel gear side and that is the side that is popping out....replace the gearbox.
Jaf1977 is offline  
Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM
  #13  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,837
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jaf1977 View Post
How far over is the diff shimmed? If you have kept shimming it tighter and tighter and have a load of shims on the bevel gear side and that is the side that is popping out....replace the gearbox.
he said everything is almost new jaf . if you post pics or email pics to me and i can post for ya we can get it figured


the p[ics should be fairly detailed
houston is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.