Wiki Posts
Search

which Makita power drive

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Imo my Makita is Way to big for 99% of the jobs i use it for....buddy has a Hitachi that makes my makita look and feel like a TANK....it does all the jobs mine does has the light and all...but is 1/5 the weight..comes with 2 batteries and a charger......if your buying a 100% RC specific driver this is what i would go with.

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...th=1,2,19,p674,
80% RC and 20% others. i do minor wood work here and there i can use the makita set for. but i do see your point. i'll see if home depot have both models so i can see them first hand.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Imo my Makita is Way to big for 99% of the jobs i use it for....buddy has a Hitachi that makes my makita look and feel like a TANK....it does all the jobs mine does has the light and all...but is 1/5 the weight..comes with 2 batteries and a charger......if your buying a 100% RC specific driver this is what i would go with.

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...th=1,2,19,p674,
+1 on the Hitachi. I have had this tool for about 4 months and II love it. I can tear down my 8ight in about 10 mins (engine, radio tray front and rear diff cases, center diff and gas tank.) It comes with a cary case, its small, the clutch is adjustable to 14 or 18 positions, comes with 2 batteries and the battery charges in less than 30 mins. MIP tips are the best, EDS tips are not bad but a very tight fit. Amazon has them for under 60 bucks. More power than 3.6 is overkill in RC.

Heres the link to amazon CLICK HERE
Old 05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1 on the Hitachi. I have had this tool for about 4 months and II love it. I can tear down my 8ight in about 10 mins (engine, radio tray front and rear diff cases, center diff and gas tank.) It comes with a cary case, its small, the clutch is adjustable to 14 or 18 positions, comes with 2 batteries and the battery charges in less than 30 mins. MIP tips are the best, EDS tips are not bad but a very tight fit. Amazon has them for under 60 bucks. More power than 3.6 is overkill in RC.

Heres the link to amazon CLICK HERE
okay, u guys are making this VERY difficult for me.... hmmm.... maybe i should just buy BOTH j/k... okay, let me think so more... i really do want the makita, but now u guys have me thinking it's too big...
Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

does anybody have any links to where i can find the MIP or other brands of tips?
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
okay, u guys are making this VERY difficult for me.... hmmm.... maybe i should just buy BOTH j/k... okay, let me think so more... i really do want the makita, but now u guys have me thinking it's too big...

3.6 compared to a 10.2....the makita's are big in comparison...like i said if i had my choice i would go with the Hitachi...but now that your saying you might do some wood work with it...i dunno its up to you..i would prefer to have a specific drill for each task ..... i will eventually pick myself up a hitachi.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got the 12v drill and impact kit from Ridgid from home depot for $179., After doing some research, most contractors and workers recommend Milwakee or Ridgid over any other power tools, as far as drills go.

makita while it's reliable, was not recommended due to it's unwarranted high price.

I use my impact for home and RC, it's light and does not over turn, unlike all electric screw drivers where momentum turns the screw a bit further after i have release the button,

I use the impact to drive most of the screw in then finish with hand screw,

I rarely use the drill as the Ridgid is very precise, and the LI-ion charges in 30min to 1 hour.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jcosta78
does anybody have any links to where i can find the MIP or other brands of tips?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2831

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2832

i have never seen a MIP set like these.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by devilchrist
I got the 12v drill and impact kit from Ridgid from home depot for $179., After doing some research, most contractors and workers recommend Milwakee or Ridgid over any other power tools, as far as drills go.

makita while it's reliable, was not recommended due to it's unwarranted high price.

I use my impact for home and RC, it's light and does not over turn, unlike all electric screw drivers where momentum turns the screw a bit further after i have release the button,

I use the impact to drive most of the screw in then finish with hand screw,

I rarely use the drill as the Ridgid is very precise, and the LI-ion charges in 30min to 1 hour.
the two makita combo kit is a total of $150 shipped. that includes TWO drivers, each around $120 each. i think it's a good combo. it looks small enough to do the job, yet i can use it for other applications. that's my thinking on this...
Old 05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

you sure Ofna's are MIP's? that's way too cheap to be MIP.

MIP speed tips are usually 13-15 bucks a piece
Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

mip tips

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...MIP+speed+tips
Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

The timing on this thread was perfect for me.. I'll be going for the Makita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrhZ6nWjx90
Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Lord

i Still like the hitachi over the makita.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

i Still like the hitachi over the makita.
they are both nice, i just don't like the pivot in the Hitachi plus the Makita has way more Power, RPM, and can be used for larger projects. I'd rather have more power and set the clutch then have a less power a and beat the balls off it..
Old 05-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jpalessi
they are both nice, i just don't like the pivot in the Hitachi plus the Makita has way more Power, RPM, and can be used for larger projects. I'd rather have more power and set the clutch then have a less power a and beat the balls off it..

good point.....but isnt that what warranties are for.

the 1 thing that get's me is the weight....they are ALOT heavier.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jpalessi
The timing on this thread was perfect for me.. I'll be going for the Makita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrhZ6nWjx90
let me know how much u get it for?

thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.