R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Nitro or Electric? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/298275-nitro-electric.html)

Twitcher2403 05-19-2009 01:36 AM

Nitro or Electric?

Hey guys, Im thinking of getting the Habao hyper 7 black. However i already have an RC car, its only electric though. Its a Tamiya TT-01. I would like both 1/8th Nitro and 1/10 electric but i cant afford both at the moment. I have the money saved for the Habao but after reading up on nitro cars ive been a little put off. It appears that they are alot of hassle and money to keep up, is this true? Whats your opinion?

So what im asking is, should i stick to my TT-01 and buy a brushless motor and other hop ups to make it a nice quick little car, or should i go to 1/8th Nitro and roughly what is the up keep costs of the Nitro cars?

Any help would be great as i dont want to make the wrong choice.

Cheers

losi_racer 05-19-2009 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Twitcher2403 (Post 5831579)
Hey guys, Im thinking of getting the Habao hyper 7 black. However i already have an RC car, its only electric though. Its a Tamiya TT-01. I would like both 1/8th Nitro and 1/10 electric but i cant afford both at the moment. I have the money saved for the Habao but after reading up on nitro cars ive been a little put off. It appears that they are alot of hassle and money to keep up, is this true? Whats your opinion?

So what im asking is, should i stick to my TT-01 and buy a brushless motor and other hop ups to make it a nice quick little car, or should i go to 1/8th Nitro and roughly what is the up keep costs of the Nitro cars?

Any help would be great as i dont want to make the wrong choice.

Cheers

matters how much your run and if your racing. both of those will play a huge role in our answers

Twitcher2403 05-19-2009 03:15 AM

Probs running it once or twice a week, and no competition racing, just having some fun through the dirt track in the woods. :nod:

jamiekerr14 05-19-2009 03:50 AM

If you having fun in dirt and woods.. Get the Hyper.. Yes Nitro can be a pain. But for most its part of the fun, Learing how to run the engine well, tune it.. things like that. I love Nitro always have always will, the noise the smell.. more realistic-Racing wise.
If you dont think, you will enjoy the techniqual side.. stay with Elec.. but I almost find cleaning maintaining my car as much fun as using it. But that's only some people, I would recommend the Hyper 7-Super Durable.. and parts go for cheap. As long as you tune it and put afterrun oil in the engine after use.. and maintain it. You should have no Issues, Will take some patience at the start but you will feel better after it.. Thats my view..;)

P.S. Cost for Nitro is a little higher, But I think most people run there nitro's less often or if they do they run a few tanks and not half a gallon each session-Bash I mean. So if you want to run it, 2-3 times a week you do a tank or 2.. its not to bad. But yea, it is on the more pricy side but its alot more enjoyable..

psycolosidude 05-19-2009 05:25 AM

DO IT!