R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Shipping 1/8 buggies priority mail, help! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/297469-shipping-1-8-buggies-priority-mail-help.html)

losiracer22 05-16-2009 03:20 PM

Shipping 1/8 buggies priority mail, help!

I recently did a trade for my buggy for another guys buggy on here. I shipped my monday ups, and he shipped his USPS Priority mail with deliverty confirmation. I get no delivery update until thursday morning it says arrived at unit my address, then 3 hours later it says delivered. I get home no package, i got to the post office and my mail carrier tells me she hasn't had a package for me, and she always leaves my boxes on the steps or leaves a notice for me in my mailbox. I live in Southern Illnois and the other guy leaves in California. I am posting this to get any information on what i should do. Do you think my package will show up?? Is it the other guys fault, or i am out a buggy now if it doesn't show up? it is saturday now and still no package!

yeaklet4 05-16-2009 03:44 PM

if your package says its been droped of then ya u might be screwed i hate that they leave stuff just sitting there

losiracer22 05-16-2009 03:51 PM

my mail carrier hasn't had a package for me, i talked to her yesterday.......they are saying it hasn't arrived at my local post office yet, so it is somwhere still in transit and they have no answers for my questions about it saying being delivered already.

howtowakeakar 05-16-2009 04:01 PM

I've seen the location update-thing say a package left somewhere THEN arrive there. It could be bugged. Wait until Monday night and if you haven't gotten it by then, you might have gotten screwed over.

mbx5rcr34 05-16-2009 04:05 PM

i would say still in transit ,just hang-on it will arrive but if more than 10 days so something is wrong you got to talk to the postmaster & he will track it down for you

roadracer43 05-16-2009 04:05 PM

if there is a dc # the post office should be able to locate it for you.

clarksib 05-16-2009 04:18 PM

Key reason for requesting a signature when you ship or *are being shipped items via USPS.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I had a similar situation at work and since we didn't require a signature from our customer we couldn't collect our insurance money though the claims system. Since their computer said delivered, to them that was the be all end all. Absolutely ridiculous.

I hope you get this solved in your favor man, I feel for ya.

losiracer22 05-16-2009 04:18 PM

thanks guys!!! i am going to give it ten days and go from there. The postmaster was out of the office thursday and friday so i will check with her monday. Surely they will be able to find it if it doesn't show up.

OfnaJoe 05-16-2009 04:40 PM

I had the same thing happen wit some tools I bought, They showed up 2 days later, Just make sure your local post office knows about it now!
Good Luck!

jrwoodchuck 05-16-2009 05:43 PM

yea, i've learned to not trust the usps tracking system. i don't pay attention to it any more.

Shane369 05-16-2009 06:08 PM

I had a buggy starter box and radio shipped to me usps priority mail about 2 weeks ago. It was shipped that tuesday, got no info through postal web site until that Thursday morning when it arrived at my local post office at 647am. I had signed up for email notification so when it was delievred rather left at my door I got an email, but 2 days from Waco, Texas to mississippi and only 15$ for shipping. I have no proble
with the usps! So, if I were you I'd honestly be asking alot of questions especially if it says it was delievred sounds like it shipped somewhere else!

losiracer22 05-18-2009 10:10 AM

well its monday now and still no package, i am begining to wonder, the shipper sent me a copy of the delivery confirmation stub with my address on it. I don't think he is scamming me, i don't know how he could since the package says it has been delivered. this really sucks lol

unsp0ken 05-18-2009 10:18 AM

maybe the mail carrier accidentally dropped it off at another house. that would explain why he/she doesn't remember dropping anything off at your doorstep. it happens more frequently than you'd think. did you insure it? please say you did.

losiracer22 05-18-2009 02:53 PM

they guy that shipped it didn't insure it, so i guess i am just SOL......it has been a week since he shipped it out. It just really sucks, my post office or mail carriers say they haven't had a package for me in the past week.

Shane369 05-18-2009 03:24 PM

Well I'd start asking my neighbors and hope you have some honest ones. Another thing to keep in mind is, is there another street in your town with the same name? For example...at lot of our stuff for the office goes to 102 plantation cir. And we are 102 plantation cove. Also, ask you postman if they delivered a package and give them the approx. Dimensions to any address around you.