R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   air filter flew off!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/295671-air-filter-flew-off.html)

dreaux 05-08-2009 06:03 PM

air filter flew off!!!

I was running outside and i hit a tree at medium speed (thank god it wasn't wot) well my air filter flew off, it was pretty much idleing after it flew off. So i put down my radio and ran over to the car and covered the hole. Could not have been more then 5 seconds. Is my engine damaged???? Oh and the filter was tie wraped TIGHT!!!!!

pyromania 05-08-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by dreaux (Post 5788244)
I was running outside and i hit a tree at medium speed (thank god it wasn't wot) well my air filter flew off, it was pretty much idleing after it flew off. So i put down my radio and ran over to the car and covered the hole. Could not have been more then 5 seconds. Is my engine damaged???? Oh and the filter was tie wraped TIGHT!!!!!

No, you should be good as long as it wasn't really dusty.

roadracer43 05-08-2009 06:07 PM

You sure are hard on your stuff. Do you race ?

dreaux 05-08-2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by roadracer43 (Post 5788260)
You sure are hard on your stuff. Do you race ?

will be racing. But no i am not hard on my stuff. The opposite acctually. I am just not very expierienced. i am about to make another thread about another problem i might be having:spidey:

pyromania 05-08-2009 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by dreaux (Post 5788278)
will be racing. But no i am not hard on my stuff. The opposite acctually. I am just not very expierienced. i am about to make another thread about another problem i might be having:spidey:

LMAO dude you have to be the unluckiest guy running r/c.

dreaux 05-08-2009 06:29 PM

yeah if i told you how much i have spent it will make you sick to your stomach. But of course you already know. I get lashing from my girlfreind everyday too.

SPEED37 05-08-2009 06:35 PM

Is your name Murphy?

dreaux 05-08-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by SPEED37 (Post 5788350)
Is your name Murphy?

the last time i checked i wasn't:sneaky:

SPEED37 05-08-2009 06:47 PM

I was just playin. You seem to have such bad "luck". I'm thinkin your motor is fine.

pinky2252s 05-08-2009 06:56 PM

It should be fine but a word to the wise

NEVER put down your radio

elcaminosslover 05-08-2009 07:52 PM

I am sure your engine is fine!! A .01 cent zip tie can save you some trouble:weird::weird:

howtowakeakar 05-08-2009 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by elcaminosslover (Post 5788614)
I am sure your engine is fine!! A .01 cent zip tie can save you some trouble:weird::weird:

http://www.9thtee.com/zipties.htm

1.2 cents each, actually. :lol:

JAMMINKRAZY 05-08-2009 08:04 PM

WOW:lol: Dude seriously. Your engine is fine, but you really gotta stop and think about what you are doing wrong. Not so much shocked about the air filter as I am about you hitting a tree LOL!:lol: Make sure you use a zip tie, and tighten it down as tight as possible with a set of needle nose pliers! I see too many people that leave their air filter ties loose just so they don't have to put a new one on when they take the filter neck off. Personally I would rather replace a few zip ties, than a $300 engine! The car you have is not meant to be bashed, so STOP bashing it. If you wanted to bash you should have bought a monster truck. And don't tell me you aren't bashing it. If you are hitting trees you are bashing it! LOL:lol:

slumlord 05-08-2009 09:25 PM

First it was puddles now trees! LOL man you need to find a nice wide open area with no obsticles in your way to run this thing or it's gonna be busted even before you get to the track!

penguineman 05-08-2009 09:25 PM

ok not tryin to be a smart a@$ how did the air filter fly off if it was zip tied on tight. is it the wrong size for the carb?? or the elbo or what?