Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba radios

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Futaba radios

I have ask alot question but this is my last. Just wondering the diffences of the Futaba 3PKS 3-Channel Black Super Synthesized and the Futaba 3PKS 2.4GHz FASST.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I will first start off by saying I love my futaba radio gear. I have a futaba 3pk and currently run it with the 75mhz module and receiver. I had the futaba fasst system but I was one of the unlucky owners experiencing the shutdown issues. My car never ran away, it just went into fail safe, which was just about half brake for me. As far as I know Futaba never addressed this issue and when I call up to futaba they act as if they have never heard of any shutdown issues. This is my only gripe, but this has also been the sole reason i have yet to buy a 4pk. Now to answer your question the 3pk super black w/sythesize is the 75 mhz radio, the 3pks w/2.4 fasst is the radio minus the 75mhz gear but the 2.4 fasst is included. until i can get some solid info no 2.4 fasst for me. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've had my Futaba 3PK-T (first version) radio for more almost 3 years now. never had a problem with it, compared to my first radio which was a Spectrum. I also have the 2.4ghz FASST System on my 3PK T for almost 2yrs now, and never failed on me. same goes with my track buddies who uses Fasst System. Never heard of issues like shutdown arising.

So, FUTABA=QUALITY!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

So jpz you saying the futaba 75 mhz is the better buy over the fasst
Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Thumbs up

do u mean the pcm futaba 75 mhz modcule i never had problems with that at
all compared to my original speckum weired isnt it. the thing is u still have to worry about people using your channel through if your using pcm . it came with the p3k i liked it no gliching ethier.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

If is is the samething as a Futaba 3PKS 3-Channel Black Super Synthesized then yes. I dont know much about this radios im used to ds3.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Prophet

no its not synthesized its set to one channel,stupid of though to think nobody really uses channel 72 fm ,and somebody did not writing down his channel on the white board at the track and i was praticing on the track and my gt2 jumped of the side of the jump and went full throttle back and forth and slammed into 2 cars tires and desyored my reciever and bulkhead etc
i was pissed all day long spending $100 on parts. i could of set the failsafe but i really dont understand it on the 3pk i tried it and it does nothing.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Prophet

it is a 3 channel by the way
Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ReDnEcK25
So jpz you saying the futaba 75 mhz is the better buy over the fasst
Not saying it is better, I have had 100% reliability running 75mhz. Both radios you are talking about are the same, the difference is there modulation, one is equipped with a 2.4 module and receiver, the other is equipped with a 75mhz module and receiver. With the futaba 2.4 fasst I had problems, just search these forums and you will see what I mean. Some people had problems, some did not. I would love to have 2.4 again just so I dont have to worry about frequency clips and it rules out the possibility of another person being on your channel.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Alright well thanks to who all has replied