R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   General Tire Question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/294749-general-tire-question.html)

Truggin09 05-05-2009 03:33 AM

General Tire Question

so i finished building my D8T kit and i need to break in the engine. i dont want to use my AKA City Blocks to run on the pavement while breaking it in. can anyone recommend some cheap @ss tires and wheels to buy to slap on the kit to break it in?? thanks for the help.

Greg :deathstar

DOMIT 05-05-2009 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Truggin09 (Post 5771275)
so i finished building my D8T kit and i need to break in the engine. i dont want to use my AKA City Blocks to run on the pavement while breaking it in. can anyone recommend some cheap @ss tires and wheels to buy to slap on the kit to break it in?? thanks for the help.

Most local hobby shops will have a "bargain box" of used tires... just check with them. (Well, at least they do around here...) or you can check with other racers to see if they have some that are too used up to be good practice tires.

infanterene 05-05-2009 06:09 AM

The ones that came with my Losi last forever. Look for some one ebay. Make sure that you get the right offset as it changed with the 2.0.

aaron2u 05-05-2009 06:21 AM

I've got a set of MTR Road Hawgs I'll sell ya for $25 shipped today. Perfect condition other than I got some glue on the wheel. They are on 1/2 offset CRT rims.

Other than that, in a pinch you can use buggy tires as well for break in, thats what i used when I broke in the engine on my truck.. LOL, buggy road hawgs...

slaytanic 05-05-2009 06:44 AM

Suprasales on fleabay. Lotas of choices and dirt cheap. I buy the knockoff badlands. They last forever!!!

unsp0ken 05-05-2009 07:06 AM

just be careful when you're buying used tires anywhere. i myself just bought a tire lot with 4 sets of wheels/tires on ebay. the seller stated that tread was 90% or more on all of them. when i received them, most of the tires had less than 50% left. anyway, just a tip.

bgbelden 05-05-2009 08:23 AM

Just ask any local racer for his worst set of tires, we've got a set of crimefighters that are now smooth as a baby's bottom from all the break in's we do. They actually grip well on pavement now.:tire::):):tire:

Chatzstuff 05-05-2009 08:52 AM

Here's what I bought. Only because I don't have a set of spikes that have been rounded off by blue groove just yet.

LOSA17759 from A-main.

$16 a pair for the pre-mounts

Alan D. 05-05-2009 08:58 AM

Just wrap them in duct tape and go:lol:
It'll probably work.

Robert.Hull 05-05-2009 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Truggin09 (Post 5771275)

do you have buggy tires? you can use buggy tires on the truggy for break in.
i just have one set of buggy tires dedicated to break in for both cars.