Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
I have to rant listen if you like >

I have to rant listen if you like

I have to rant listen if you like

Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I have to rant listen if you like

I know some of you are probably tired of hearing me rant about anything and everything. But the truth is i did not no anything about nitro until i bought my mbx 6. The ONLY reason i went this rout was i wanted to put it together. To me, that is half the fun. Well of course i had to have the best of everything so i bought a m11 radio, and OS vspec. Some would say this is stupid and it probably was. I had a ofna .26 big block that threw a rod before I bought the vspec. Now I have done everything that i thought was right. All my free time and money has been spent on this hobby. I want so bad for the damn thing to run right like it is supposed to. The guy at the hobby shop seems to ignore me, i went by for him to help me tune it the other day and of course he was to busy to help me, even though i have spent 2 grand is his damn shop. So yesterday it bottomed out in water. Fine. Took it apart and cleaned it top to bottom. Fired it up today and had trouble starting it. I flushed it with nitro and it started but i had to keep the triger on it to keep it idleing. But the damn thing would not go over 160 degrees no matter what i did. so i went back to the light factory settings and tried to tune it down. Well right when it started to run right i hit another damn big as puddle and it stalled out. so here i am running like a mad man, removed the filter, and flushed it with more nitro. Fine. Engine is running again but not so good. I keep trying to warm it up without leaning it to much and the damn thing wont idle with out eventually dying. So after a couple hours i finally get it running half decent and the damn reciever pack goes dead the engine revs FULL THROTLE on my starter box for about 5 seconds before i can shut it off. All this and the engine is only about 165. So i removed the linkage and there i am starting it with one hand and working the throtle with the other. Still cant get it hot. I am finally fed up to the extreme. so i flush it out so i can put it up. Now once my engined cooled i turn the flywheel. It has a noticable loss of compression. I really think my engine is fried. I am very upset because i just want it to work and i can't get anyone to help me. My girfreind is trying but she knows a ton less then me. I am really in the dumps over this. I am thinking about selling it all and doing something less stressfull with my money. But i can't. So i guess if i want to keep doing it i have to fix my engine right, i did break it in very well and tuned rather nicely. but i don't know if it is the same. So would a new sleeve fix this? or do i need a piston and sleeve?? provided the crank is still ok???? I dont know. Sorry for the rant.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Where are you located? I doubt you are near here but I'd help you out if you were close. I don't have a lot of car experience but I do have a fair amount of glow engine experience. Surely someone near you can help you out with it.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So is the motor your trying to run now, the v spec, and you need it tuned in or finished being broke in, is this correct.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

LOL. No way this post is real.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

preparation is key for execution! i suggest you watch as many vid's as you can on youtube and read as many tunning/setup link's/guide's that you can find within regard's to RC that is the only way you are really going to learn

and patience is KEY!!!!

here's a few link's that i read still to this day

http://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/index.html

http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lane/pit-lane.asp

http://www.rchobbies.org/engine-tuning.htm

trust me when i say: if you don't help yourself no one will help you
Old 05-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a solution, Don't drive through puddles. Also charge your reciever battery. It's really not that hard. Even with those considered, I am sure the engine is fine. You should feel a considerable drop in compression since the engine is still breaking in. That is the point of the break-in period. Sounds to me like you need to head out to the local track and let a REAL expert help you out, not some hobby shop "expert"... Once you get into the hobby more, you will learn most racers have way more experience and knowlage than most hobby shop owners. That is the best advise I can give. Most racers are very friendly and happy to help you out, myself included(or atleast I think I am friendly lol).
Old 05-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome
LOL. No way this post is real.
Huh? very real man. Vspec has been broken in. Vspec has been run screwed up for 2 days. Vspec no longer has near the compression it used to (i can turn the flywheel with my finger under the car) So is my engine ruined or not??? Is my sleeve, piston ok?? Or does it sound like i need a new sleeve and or piston, rod??

Very real. Why the hell would i make up some lame shit like that???
Old 05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
Huh? very real man. Vspec has been broken in. Vspec has been run screwed up for 2 days. Vspec no longer has near the compression it used to (i can turn the flywheel with my finger under the car) So is my engine ruined or not??? Is my sleeve, piston ok?? Or does it sound like i need a new sleeve and or piston, rod??

Very real. Why the hell would i make up some lame shit like that???
Calm down spaz attatck. First off anybody that runs a nitro would not be out running it around in a area with puddles that are swallowing your car up whole. Set you stupid needles back to the factory settings. I just broke in my v-spec yesterday and I only had to lean the hs about 1 turn and the low speed half a turn and it runs fine. Once all your linkage is set up turn on your RX and make sure your trottle servos pushed the slide on the carb back home, then check to make sure your idle gap is at .5mm and you should be good to go. You might have hurt your motor a little but Im sure it's fine.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Most racers are very friendly and happy to help you out, myself included(or atleast I think I am friendly lol).
1/10 yes the other 9 are so high on themselve's it isn't funny

my experience's anyways....
Old 05-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I highly doubt you blew the engine. Most of my v-specs feel like they have low compression once they are broken-in.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pyromania
I highly doubt you blew the engine. Most of my v-specs feel like they have low compression once they are broken-in.
I guess the only way i can get the temp up is to get a temp gun. Seems like no matter how much i run it i can't get it over 200
Old 05-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I guess the only way i can get the temp up is to get a temp gun. Seems like no matter how much i run it i can't get it over 200
What plug and fuel are you using?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with some of the posters above. Your engine doesnt sound fried first off. Second, get on youtube and watch some tuning videos! This will be where you may see what your doing wrong. I am lucky that my lhs has people that know what they are talking about but I would not call most of them experts in all aspects of the hobby. Some of them know electric well, some of them nitro, some airplanes and heli's. The track is your best bet to get someone who really knows what they are doing. If there is not a track near you youtube and searching this forum is where you will do most of your learning.

By the way, my engine wouldn't tune and was hard to get started. I found out that it had nothing to do with my carb settings, piston, sleave, conrod, bearings or anything else in the motor. It was a bad clutch spring that was causing the clutch to engage to early and stalling my motor. I could never get it to idle right untill I change springs.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

some v-specs are like that easy to trun over dont freak out
its ok if it runs you will be good to go go out to the track
get some help guys out there are more than happy to help out
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

GO ELECTRIC! Leave the nitro worries behind, and get a faster car!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.