Wiki Posts
Search

motor sealing problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default motor sealing problem

hey guys, i had purchased an eb modded trinity extech .24 tuned motor here on rctech recently. i had run the motor, motor cannot hold tune. the carb slide boot and possibly the o'ring on the slide is torn. oil and pressure is escaping in this area. i cannot find any parts for this motor (o'rins, boot, seals, etc.) online anywhere? does anyone know where i can find these parts? tried contacting teamtrinity. but no reply yet.
does anyone know if any other carb can fit on this motor?
i am very pleased with the motor, just needs a resealing. thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Remove carb from engine. Remove ball link, then carb boot. See the groove that the boot sits in? Fill that with some silicone sealant, let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Replace carb boot, ball link. Slide a thin zip tie around the base of the boot. DIALED!
On the sealant, be sure to get a product that states that it is O2 Sensor safe.
As far as parts, Sirio parts should fit the same.
Nova carbs will work if you decide to go that route.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

thanks a bunch man for the input. i will try it out tonight.

anyone else?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Use the nova carb.Never liked the sirio type carb
Old 05-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

which nova carb would fit this?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default engine tune

no no first of all check for air leak, your throwing repairs after unknown source of a problem. remove clutch flywheel ,plug carb and exhaust, open up high side , and soap engine up, blow air into highside and watch for bubbles. This is your most like source of miss tune and then start over from there. go back to factory setting and retune, while there recheck seals in carb ,Ive seen rolled carb seals leaking end of carb etc. but start there first soaping. Most likly frnt bearing is leaking ????
Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

rb s5,s7,ws7,c6,nova p5 series,etc.Do first the post before mine most likely a front bearing leak. Only replace carb last resort
Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 91integrags
hey guys, i had purchased an eb modded trinity extech .24 tuned motor here on rctech recently. i had run the motor, motor cannot hold tune. the carb slide boot and possibly the o'ring on the slide is torn. oil and pressure is escaping in this area. i cannot find any parts for this motor (o'rins, boot, seals, etc.) online anywhere? does anyone know where i can find these parts? tried contacting teamtrinity. but no reply yet.
does anyone know if any other carb can fit on this motor?
i am very pleased with the motor, just needs a resealing. thanks
The siro carb boots are VERY thin/sensitive. I can almost guarantee your problem is a pin hole in the boot.. Very common problem with the siro based engines. take off the boot, clean it, then stretch the rubber with your fingers to find the hole. The smallest little hole will piss fuel when the engine is in HI RPM and the boot is ballooned under pressure.
PS use Lucky 7 engine sealant to seal up your engines.
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=8845
Old 05-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 to jpalessi, it's been know to happen with the Extech. Mine also developed a leak where the carb fits into the crankcase, a little RTV and it was fine. Carbs can be a little cranky, but on the plus side the Extech runs like a raped ape and gets great fuel mileage. There's an Extech thread on here that will give you a lot of info. BTW, Trinity is moving to FL, they say June 01 is the day they should be in their offices. So replies from them may be hard to come by before early June.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

put a novarossi carb on it and you could not be happier

i have done this to a few guys' extech's here locally and it worked great
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

IMO permatex/copper/red/black w/e color is not Fuel proof and will melt under contact with Nitro....i also dont see the point of it being O2 sensor safe...what does that have to do with it ?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

thanks very much guys. i will consider all suggestions. like i said, i really love this motor. would try anything to make it work like it should. god bless
Old 05-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

ok guys, dunked this thing in soapy water. no leaks at the front bearing, rear cover, head button, carb to crankcase area. but there IS bubbles at the carb slide. i noticed that the slide has a small canal on the shaft throughout, and a slightly larger canal on the shaft when pulling the slide out farther. is this for lubrication of the slide? is it normal to have some leaking in this area?
i do have a small tear on the end of my boot. will changing the boot completely clear my problem?

i have bought a novarossi p5x carb here, just to try out on the extech. which carb insert should i run on this carb?
Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 91integrags
i do have a small tear on the end of my boot. will changing the boot completely clear my problem?
yes
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Prophet

that engine is a beast at top end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.