Community
Wiki Posts
Search

odonnell buggy question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default odonnell buggy question

hey guys i was just wondering how stable is the odonnell buggy and how it would compare to a d8 thanks for the info.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Prophet

well i seen two guys with a o donnell buggy and they are pretty stable they are some what kind of heavy not bad , i drove one of the guy and i like it but he did have a trinity engine it was way to much but i corners good. and they are stroug as hell. they have a new lighter and better parts one is limited ediction though i think its like 490 or a little more.the buggy handle good
Old 05-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chainsmoker
hey guys i was just wondering how stable is the odonnell buggy and how it would compare to a d8 thanks for the info.
The O'Donnell Z01B is a very stable platform. It is also bulletproof! You have to want to break the buggy to cause it harm. In it's original (1st gen) setup, it's quite easy to drive, steers well, brakes well, jumps pretty good and has amazing acceleration.

The new setup (2nd gen) is more aggressive, steers very well, brakes just as well, jumps better and still has amazing acceleration. It's also a bit lighter now with the new parts.

There is a thread here in RCTech about the Z01B. I invite you to go thru and read up on this great car. Perhaps the most under-rated car out there today.

I haven't driven the D8, but have heard of some issues with parts breaking.

To me, the O'Donnell looks like a true race buggy whereas the D8 looks more like a plastic fantastic toy. The D8 just doesn't look right to me. Had Hara not won the worlds with his HIGHLY modified D8, I don't think we'd be hearing much about it today.

It's also a good time to buy the Z01B. You get both versions of the car. The 1st gen setup and the 2nd gen setup for the price of 1 Z01B. Be sure you get the "2-n-1" kit.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Prophet

im wordering why i havnt seen more people at my race track with them . i know hobby stores dont have parts for them but that thing is strong so i dont see many parts broken on it anyways.even if your a hard driver
Old 05-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hmmm

ok see im going through a ruff patch i had a losi 8ight 2.0 and it was not the car for me had alot of trouble driving it but i guess thats my style i picked up a old kyosho mp777 that i have been beating around in for the past week but i would rather have somthing a little newer and my buddy was talking about getting the odonnell buggy so i decided to do a little research thanks.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chainsmoker
ok see im going through a ruff patch i had a losi 8ight 2.0 and it was not the car for me had alot of trouble driving it but i guess thats my style i picked up a old kyosho mp777 that i have been beating around in for the past week but i would rather have somthing a little newer and my buddy was talking about getting the odonnell buggy so i decided to do a little research thanks.
I was in the research boat last Aug/Sept, looking for a buggy to replace my 8ight 1.0.

I researched for well over 100 hours before I made my choice. There's a lot of nice buggies out there. Pick the one the 'speaks' to you! You'll get a lot more info reading the threads that are devoted to the buggies. You'll usually get a lot more facts than people praising their favorites.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

bullet proof eh.....so i guess there was a landmine waiting for the one OD buggy i saw go off the quad and break the front end last weekend.....bullet proof it may be.....but Bomb proof is another story.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
bullet proof eh.....so i guess there was a landmine waiting for the one OD buggy i saw go off the quad and break the front end last weekend.....bullet proof it may be.....but Bomb proof is another story.
I know the track you speak of. It DOES have landmines. I take it you failed to receive the memo.

They can all be broken, the Z01B is no exception. I've smacked mine a few times where I thought "...and we're done for today..." low and behold, it just kept on truckin.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

the value of the 2in1 kit is just amazing. there really isn't anything like it out there.

Like boost said, there will be cars no matter how good you will not like, it's just matter of finding the right combination for you.

for me it was and still little is between 8ight 2.0, odonnel z01b, and mbx6.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devilchrist
the value of the 2in1 kit is just amazing. there really isn't anything like it out there.

Like boost said, there will be cars no matter how good you will not like, it's just matter of finding the right combination for you.

well you already know my opinion .
Old 05-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devilchrist

I have had all three that you speak of.
Losi 2.0 good car didnt fit my style and wore parts fast
mbx6 again good car out of chasse was to soft and bent right out of the box

OD buggy is the one for me I am real hard on cars Just ask steve O LOL
The car does not wear break yes anything will break and i can do it LOL

The value of the car is outstanding and parts are very cheap Look at the bigbores you can get a whole set with all the springs for 30.00

Good luck with the decision and have fun
Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

get the z01b great deal and great car