Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BIG CASH RACES!! Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default BIG CASH RACES!! Interested?

Just wanted to throw it out there and see if this could be done in our hobby? If a track hosted an event with higher entree fees but payed out large cash prizes, would you go to this event? How far would you travel? How often?

Say it was a 125 entry fee with 100 from every entree going into the pot to be payed out.

Is this too much. Would you pay more?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I think that is definitely too much.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Many people will not go for this. Sure, it's enticing for everyone when they see the payout. However once they look at the entry list and determine that they have no shot at the prize due to the caliber of drivers entering then they won't want to 'waist' there money for the same amount of runtime they may normally get just to give more money to the eventual winners.

The closest thing done thusfar was the NitroCross world Championships.
They had an invite class that raced for all the money. Most of the money was brought in through outside advertisers and corporate sponsors. It was a 25k purse with 5k going to the winners of both pro buggy and truggy. They paid out the top 10 in Invite I believe. This event however didn't have totally outrageous entry fees and still had expert and sportsman classes with many prizes I believe.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

The cash payout will only bring a select number of racers. 90% of all racers that attend any race would not get paid and alot of those racers DO NOT care to win money nor do they race for money. Thats what this Hobby DOES NOT understand right now!! All the racers are paying HIGHER entry fees so a small few can take home the money. A BIG payout race may work for a TRUE PRO event where the competition is always "Any Given Sunday". IF THE FAST GUYS WANT TO GET TOGETHER AND PUT EXTRA MONEY IN, THATS FINE, BUT DO NOT CHARGE THOSE WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE MONEY. Bulletown in TN has decided to make the "Run for the Money optional" you can pay a normal fee..or pay the Money Race fee if you want to run for the money. Some say..."Well then the turn out won't be so good" If the racing was good, racers will come.

This is a Hobby/Sport, money should be for the Pros!! I THINK IF YOU HAVE A GREAT TRACK AND GOOD RACING.....THEY WILL COME. An occasional money race to thank the racers every now and then is fine. Tracks are charging Double entry fees, to turn right around and give back 50%-75% back to the small few winners??? In this economy, I do not want to be paying double the normal rate we normally pay. I am not cheap, but this is just pissing my money away. When there are more entries at a track for a 1 day event, you have more racers and less time, so they have to shorten the qualifiers and mains, so I am paying way more to run less??? Doesn't make sense to me.

All I have seen lately is Entry fees more than DOUBLE and the racing has not changed. Why pay $30-$50 to run 3 - 5 min qualifiers and 7 min C mains and down when I can go and do that for half the money somewhere else???? This is starting to turn ALOT of people away from Series racing. I would rather see the tracks keep the money and improve facilities and make profits so tracks can continue to improve the racing.

Certain regions have larger amount of racers than others. In my region, we are mostly club racers, yet very dedicated and passionate, there is not very many if any true Pro Drivers in our area, yet there are some very fast guys here too, so why pay more money to race. I have no problem with tracks charging $20-$30, if it is GOOD racing, and even $40-$50 if it is a 2 day event with 4 = 7-10 min and long mains and I know I will get some stick time. I keep hearing "well..get faster and make the A and you will, the majority of racers, will never be super fast, never be a "Pro Fast Driver", nor do they care!!! I just want to keep improving and race my car as much as possible.

Just my opinion, this is all I will say and this is not intended nor addressed to anyone imparticular, not do I fault any racers that do run for money.

DISCLAIMER: TRACKS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT, WHENEVER THEY WANT, BUT ME AS A CUSTOMER, I HAVE A CHOICE TO RACE WHERE I WANT AND WHEN I WANT TOO..
Old 05-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WHY NOT

i think if you have a pay out race everything would be fine. Run all normal races then have the pay out main, buggy truggy 1/10 buggy truck, put them all in one race have all a-main pay back 75% profits go to 1st - 4th an 25% better trophies or plaques.

Personally i want to go pro this should be just as much of a sport as motocross or bmx skateboarding snowboarding, they all get paid to have fun so could we

need a product sold ill sell it. i am going on a 5 state racing tour looking to pick up sponsors
Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Last edited by mracer; 05-05-2009 at 04:47 PM.