DX3R vs. 3PK vs. 4PK vs M11 and etc.?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DX3R vs. 3PK vs. 4PK vs M11 and etc.?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Not to mention Futaba reciever problems.I loved my 3pk & wanted a 4pk till every one had reciever problems & all the futaba pros said they took the 2.4modules out of their 3pk & put in fm modules for racing due to the reciever problems & none wanted to use 4pk till it was fixed,only futaba says their is no problem.So when futaba proves they fix it I'll be in line to get one,or they figure out how to put a spektrum module in the 4pk I'll be first in line. Till then I float between my dx3r,3pk,& react.But I will never use my m8 again.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default 3pk

I am sticking with my 3pk for that exact reason. It has the advantage of being able to go right back to FM any time the 2.4 is acting up. I have only had a couple of minor glitches but at a big race that's all it takes. With all the new radios you are stuck with going 2.4. 3pk has more than enough features. I see no advantage with going to the 4pk. Look at what the pros are doing. I'm pretty sure Mayfield still runs the 3pk
Old 05-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camocowboy
I am sticking with my 3pk for that exact reason. It has the advantage of being able to go right back to FM any time the 2.4 is acting up. I have only had a couple of minor glitches but at a big race that's all it takes. With all the new radios you are stuck with going 2.4. 3pk has more than enough features. I see no advantage with going to the 4pk. Look at what the pros are doing. I'm pretty sure Mayfield still runs the 3pk
Going back to FM lol never left ay I've ran a 3PK for almost 3 years now and love it runing in HRS mode and now with there new Brushless servos can't ask for any thing better, The 4PK has been tempting but with over 5 cars its a bit of an expensive upgrade to not get any more features wich the 3PK is not lacking in any way FUTABA all the way
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3pks memory can be expanded to 26 model's IIRC using the canpak module? love my 3pks with FASST!

funny thing; i have seen a few of these "futaba has Rx issues" in the most recent "which radio" thread's meanwhile i have never heard or seen an actual futaba owner complaining, strange?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by madmaxx
3pks memory can be expanded to 26 model's IIRC using the canpak module? love my 3pks with FASST!

funny thing; i have seen a few of these "futaba has Rx issues" in the most recent "which radio" thread's meanwhile i have never heard or seen an actual futaba owner complaining, strange?
I've had my 4pk since last october and it has yet to fail me. It performs flawless. I say this all the time having own a 3PKS and now a 4PK. Unless you need the 4th channel 3PKS should be fine. But the dial and buttons are laid out just tad better on the 4PK IMO. I have never owned a Spek or Air so I cant speak on them.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

4pks have tons of problems with 2.4 ghz. if you use 1 at a big race you'll find out.....
DX3R is no joke! the DSM2 is a huge improvement over DSM. the transmit rate is REALLY fast, that means if you need to react to a situation it will do it faster than a FM or DSM radio and could be the difference between wining and being the first loser.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by camocowboy
I see no advantage with going to the 4pk. Look at what the pros are doing. I'm pretty sure Mayfield still runs the 3pk
Mayfield switched to Airtronics last I heard.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have used a DX3R for the last year or so since it came out and it has never failed me, but the difference from the DX3R and a 4PK is like night and day. The 4PK is a high end radio with the price tag to go with it. I couldn't wait for the 4PK to come out so I went with the DX3R. The DX3R is a great little radio it just feels on the cheap side. I love it but I am seriously thinking about upgrading to a 4PK after holding one at a local race recently. If you have the cash go for the 4PK you will not regret it. If cash is an issue then go for the DX3R you will be happy. The 3PK is way too heavy for a long main and the airtronics has always been big and bulky. Just my opinion.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razo125
Mayfield switched to Airtronics last I heard.
Dont get caught up in that they use who pays them more periodthis is obviously the worst way to pick a product.

My 4pk hasnt failed me for a sec with plenty of other radios around 30 and plenty of heat.Other then from what i heard some firsisht run issues the only down fall is the price
Old 05-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
The 3PK is way too heavy for a long main and the airtronics has always been big and bulky. Just my opinion.
i'm partially disabled and i have no issues with the size/weight of my 3pks, when i plan on running for a while i bring my neck strap and if someone really has issues holding a 1lb radio they need to hit the gym! not the track....

Originally Posted by buggydad
Dont get caught up in that they use who pays them more periodthis is obviously the worst way to pick a product.
^^ THAT RIGHT THERE COULD NOT BE ANY MORE TRUE!! ^^

and applies to everything
Old 05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

I have problems with Futaba 3PKS 2.4 on 1/8 buggy. DONT use it!!!
go with M11, PERIOD

Have fun
ALG
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ive never once had a problem with my 3pks meanwhile my bro has had constant binding issues with his m11. experiances vary
Old 05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

M11X >*
Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Save your money and get the Futaba 4pk. It one of the nicest and fastest radios out there, they don't call their system Fasst for nothing. The DX3R reminds me of the controller that comes with a Xmod from Radio Shack.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Hey I just got the new email ad from hobby people. Believe me when I say I am a firm believer in try every thing you can afford & use what makes you feel good no matter what joe blow says about it.My theory is feel good with what your using & you will race good & thats money well spent so I'm not picking on Sanwa users even though I have tried them & dont like their products,thats just me.

So I'm reading this ad & their comparing the new m11x their self stated top of the sanwa line to the 4pk & they say the average responce time is about 1/2, m11x=4ms & 4pk=7.7ms, yeah OK good comparison 3.7ms difference average #s that close would come down to how either controller feels in my hand & how sexy it made me look holding it. Now the good part is they then compare the m11x to the dx3s,not the R the S,the old dsm1 version. The original dsm spektrum came out what 5 yrs ago & their proud of that? I under stand every company claims & has charts to prove that their product is the fastest & believe me,I believe them all just like I believe politicians tell the truth 100% of the time(or ever).It just seems to me that if your so proud & trusting of your top of the line $440 product & believed it was the best you would compare it to spektrum's top of the line product not their $220 mid line sport entry model.I believe spektrum says their dsm2 is twice as fast as their dsm1 version,not that it matters to me as only 2 of my 15 or so spektrum receivers is dsm2. Not that it really matters as long as what your using gives you that warm fuzzy feeling,just thought you guys that didn't get the email would get a kick out of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.