Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Truggy Shootout >

Truggy Shootout

Truggy Shootout

Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
yeah, thats why i was saying he had to be talking about the 09 xt8 cuz the regular xt8 isn't in the same league as the other trucks mentioned
Yup I feel ya. I still don't think even the 09 spec is in the same league. I mean it should be a great truggy, but I really was hoping to see an 808 based truggy.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Love my 8t 2.0. Didn't require much by way of upgrades and handles like a dream. I would highly recommend it. Very durable as well. The only thing I don't like about is the standard screws and it does seem sloppier relative to my 808, but so do all cars.

I would have bought the Xray if they based it off the 808, but my buddy has a new xt8 '09 and it looks really good. A complete redesign probably wasn't needed, but it would have helped x-ray sell more cars for sure. The quality of Xray is just in a different league that none of the other mfg's are even close to imho. The plastic and metal is just on a whole different level.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I'm pretty much sold on gettin the trf801xt for my next trug
Old 04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
CEN= POS

TTR= POS

Z-car= not very popular. Very hard to find parts for.
Z-Car Truggy is not really out until Thursday, so of course it hasnt gotten a chance to be popular....yet
The Z-Car Buggy? They have been selling like hotcakes, and every single person who has bought one is very happy and doing well with them, so they are on an enormous surge in popularity. Heck Z-Cars have been Tq'ing and winning races and placing high all over, my local track (Loganville RC) last Trophy race had 3 Z-Car Buggys in the top 5 of the Pro A-Main!!
Hard to find parts for?
I beg to differ. At last glimpse I had over $6k in parts for Z-Car buggys, and will build up to that for the Truggy. We have an up to date live inventory on our website, and seldom run out of parts, certainly less than several other more established companies. SH and Z-CarUSA are 100% comitted to supply and take care of the Z-Army drivers in the USA. Anyone that has done business with us will tell you the same.
Heck I left work yesterday to go home and get a collet for a Z-Car racer, and sent it for free to him.
Give them a try, you will be pleasantly suprised.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Love my 8t 2.0. Didn't require much by way of upgrades and handles like a dream. I would highly recommend it. Very durable as well. The only thing I don't like about is the standard screws and it does seem sloppier relative to my 808, but so do all cars.

I would have bought the Xray if they based it off the 808, but my buddy has a new xt8 '09 and it looks really good. A complete redesign probably wasn't needed, but it would have helped x-ray sell more cars for sure. The quality of Xray is just in a different league that none of the other mfg's are even close to imho. The plastic and metal is just on a whole different level.
I absolutely agree about the losi. Although I love standard hardware. It is so much easier to work with. It does force you to buy/carry 2 sets of tools, but IMO it is worth it.

As for slop, that is just how losi's are and they run great with it. Besides any truggy will get sloppy. That is just part of truggy racing.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Z-Car Truggy is not really out until Thursday, so of course it hasnt gotten a chance to be popular....yet
The Z-Car Buggy? They have been selling like hotcakes, and every single person who has bought one is very happy and doing well with them, so they are on an enormous surge in popularity. Heck Z-Cars have been Tq'ing and winning races and placing high all over, my local track (Loganville RC) last Trophy race had 3 Z-Car Buggys in the top 5 of the Pro A-Main!!
Hard to find parts for?
I beg to differ. At last glimpse I had over $6k in parts for Z-Car buggys, and will build up to that for the Truggy. We have an up to date live inventory on our website, and seldom run out of parts, certainly less than several other more established companies. SH and Z-CarUSA are 100% comitted to supply and take care of the Z-Army drivers in the USA. Anyone that has done business with us will tell you the same.
Heck I left work yesterday to go home and get a collet for a Z-Car racer, and sent it for free to him.
Why in the hell do you need 6K in parts for yourself!?!

Last edited by RyyRyy; 04-29-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: add info
Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
Why in the hell do you need 6K in parts!?!
I own Z-CarUSA, lol
Old 04-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

I own Z-CarUSA, lol
Oh no wonder then lol... how much is the truggy goin for?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Hard to find parts for?
That is great and all, but I can't walk into my LHS and buy Z-car parts in the occasion that I would need a part. Until that level of parts support is reached I still consider it crappy parts support.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

$489 for the Pro Kit, and around the same for the RTR
Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

$489 for the Pro Kit, and around the same for the RTR
I will have to check it out then
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
That is great and all, but I can't walk into my LHS and buy Z-car parts in the occasion that I would need a part. Until that level of parts support is reached I still consider it crappy parts support.
Well tell your crappy LHS to carry parts for it, problem solved. It that our fault they dont carry parts for them? Pretty invalid argument you have there.
I live in the Atlanta area and there are not too many hobby stores I could just walk in get get whatever I needed when I ran Losi either, so I just ordered everything off the net.
We offer next day am, 2nd day 2nd day am, 3 day select, in-store pickup and ground.
Most of the SE USA is one day ground.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I liked the way my buddy's rc8t handled, but that car was made out of glass imho. It was just like the buggy, little misc pieces always breaking on it if you just thought about the car wrong. The only reason I didn't go with the rc8t was I had to spend so much money upgrading the rc8 buggy to keep it from falling apart last year and I still had DNFs damn near every weekend.

Love the 8t 2.0 though... not sure how standard tools are easier to work with, but a PITA to have two sets of tools and screws.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Standard tools are not easier to work with, actually harder because you have standard AND metric on Losis, which is absurd imho.
How could you possibly think having std and metric is easier than all metric?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Well tell your crappy LHS to carry parts for it, problem solved. It that our fault they dont carry parts for them? Pretty invalid argument you have there.
I live in the Atlanta area and there are not too many hobby stores I could just walk in get get whatever I needed when I ran Losi either, so I just ordered everything off the net.
We offer next day am, 2nd day 2nd day am, 3 day select, in-store pickup and ground.
Most of the SE USA is one day ground.
Sorry man but that is a pretty moot point. I don't doubt that they are great cars, but they just aren't at the same level of support as some of the bigger brands. I can walk into my LHS and get parts for losi, associated, mugen and kyosho. Not that I really do that too often, as I like to keep plenty of spares on hand. My LHS is not going to stock parts for a car that noone runs. It's that simple. Noone at my track runs the Z cars so they won't stock parts for them. Anyway, My LHS is not the point. The point is that they don't have the support of other brands. And no matter how much you wish they did, they just don't at this point in time.

I don't even see kits or parts stocked at the big online stores.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.