need help with a starter box

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need help with a starter box

I got these cars

Kyosho Inferno GT2 road car
Losi XXXNT
Ofna MBX or Ultra GT (dont know which one it is)
Plan on getting a Hara D8 buggy

Three of these need a starter box with the flywheel in one direction and the other (XXXNT) is in the other direction (lengthwise with car). I am sure everybody understands what I mean.

I need to get a good general use starter box if they make one. I would like to have a 12Volt one also.

What are the multi position starterboxes like?

Should I get one of those or go with a box that can crank the buggies and the inferno and just stick to pullstart on the XXXNT?

Do I really need the 12volt? I read somewhere that its one of those things you dont miss until you dont have it anymore.

Are there any specific starter boxes to avoid?

I dont know jack about starter boxes, so any info about them at all would be helpfull.

Thanks for any info
Old 06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a Ofna chrome top box. Its a 12v direct drive and the wheel can b positioned either direction. Starter boxes have 4 pegs to align your car on so the wheel and flywheel mate up. Each car will have different peg placement. So, u either have to realign each time u change vehicles or have a box for each. The only complaint I have about my 12v box is the battery makes it heavy
Old 06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Weight doesnt pose a big problem to me. What type of battery do you use with it?
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by polarbear72
I have a Ofna chrome top box. Its a 12v direct drive and the wheel can b positioned either direction. Starter boxes have 4 pegs to align your car on so the wheel and flywheel mate up. Each car will have different peg placement. So, u either have to realign each time u change vehicles or have a box for each. The only complaint I have about my 12v box is the battery makes it heavy
I have the same box and love it.