Wiki Posts
Search

GLITCHING in my radio gear....HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default GLITCHING in my radio gear....HELP PLEASE

I have a spektrum 2.0 in my platinum revo, I fired up for the first time,I have the sm3001 in it receiver, & the issue is that it twitches( the front wheels jump to the right & go back straight,the throttle jump slightly) WHAT ARE SOMETHINGS i SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR.....?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a futaba radio
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

no way.....spektrum all the way.....
Old 04-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Yaaah a Futaba radio so it can overheat and shut down after 5 minutes of running. LOL

One thing to try is to hold your transmitter 5 or so feet away and see if it still does it. Some radios kinda overload when they are too close to the vehicle.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mista.matrix
I have a spektrum 2.0 in my platinum revo, I fired up for the first time,I have the sm3001 in it receiver, & the issue is that it twitches( the front wheels jump to the right & go back straight,the throttle jump slightly) WHAT ARE SOMETHINGS i SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR.....?
check the antenna and see if there is any damage to the wire. If there is the interference can be coming from there. If not i would just rebind it and set your fail safe position.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Location: Just north of Atlanta at foot of North Georgia Mtns. Best Motorcycle riding in the east coast ^^

Check your batteries..make sure they are up to full charge for your reciever..unplug your servo's one by one..and see if they are inducing any noise to cause the spikes..uplug your transponder too..if it glitches after you have swapped and switch things around..and cannot change the symptom..then send for repair to Horizon..
Old 04-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mista.matrix
My M11 was twitching. I kept syncing it. I have 3 cars and it kept doing it to each one of them. What I do now is cut the reciever on to the car first than cut the reciever on to the transmitter. It hasnt done it again. You might want to try that.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

1. make sure your batteries are charged.
2. inspect the antenna to make sure that there is no damage
3. you may have to open the receiver to make sure that the antenna is soldered onto the contacts inside the receiver.
4. try and turn on the receiver without turning on the transmitter. if it's glitching with transmitter off, then you're picking up rf noise from the area. if it only glitches with the transmitter on, there might be a communication problem between the transmitter and receiver. try rebinding to fix the issue. This will probably attempt to resync your radio system in case the frequency hop algorithm somehow went out of sync.

in addition would also try what danzo suggested.

if all else fails, contact the manufacturer.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

99% of the time with 2.4 glitches is a bad batt or bad switch, I had a cell come lose inside the batt pack that caused all kinds of problems ....
Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

my spektrum reciever did the same thing. i send it back and they sent a new reciever. they said that the anttena wire was crushed. so far so good with the new one.