R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Truggies and Clutch Choices (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/289503-truggies-clutch-choices.html)

shesha 04-12-2009 04:34 PM

Truggies and Clutch Choices

Just curious to know what everyones clutch choices are if stock or 3rd party brands and the clutch shoes combination ?

JAMMINKRAZY 04-12-2009 04:49 PM

Fioroni turbo twin 2007 with black carbon shoes for me. I absolutely love this clutch. It hits hard and lasts forever. I have 10+ gallons on my first set of shoes, still running strong. I use 2 fioroni hard springs in it for truggy, and 1 hard/ 1 reg. for buggy. I reccomend changing the springs every couple gallons but the shoes last forever. It also seems to really extend the life of your clutch bearings. IMO it's $65 well spent.:nod:

pooldoc 04-12-2009 04:52 PM

+1 on the fiorini, ran it in my last truggy and loved it. got the KHZ motor mount on the way so I can put it in my Eight T 2.0

JAMMINKRAZY 04-12-2009 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by pooldoc (Post 5674985)
+1 on the fiorini, ran it in my last truggy and loved it. got the KHZ motor mount on the way so I can put it in my Eight T 2.0

Which flywheel do you have? Kyosho version or mugen version? If you have the mugen version, I know you don't need the KHZ mount. Not sure about the K version but I would assume the same. The KHZ mount is a great upgrade though. I use a losi bell on mine with the KHZ blocks in the normal position(arrows foreward). If you want to use a different bell you will need the mount in the foreward position(arrows back). I also use a losi collet in mine. I found other collets to be too long for the fioroni. You may(most likely) have to use a shim behind the collet to keep the flywheel off of the engine, but the losi collet works very well.:nod:

r1harper 04-12-2009 05:10 PM

i stick to the regular 3 shoe .....tried many of the others and not good in my case

Integra 04-12-2009 05:22 PM

M2C 4 shoe is my favorite along with the losi 4 shoe.....Im Not a fan of the Fioroni's....but there's no need to get into that. :nod:

JW RACING 04-12-2009 05:29 PM

I run M2C 4 shoe.. onfa bell.. with a king head motor mount in 8ight-t 2.0 work great last a long time... very good clutch...

http://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?...&productId=217

TeamD 04-12-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 5674974)
Fioroni turbo twin 2007 with black carbon shoes for me. I absolutely love this clutch. It hits hard and lasts forever. I have 10+ gallons on my first set of shoes, still running strong. I use 2 fioroni hard springs in it for truggy, and 1 hard/ 1 reg. for buggy. I reccomend changing the springs every couple gallons but the shoes last forever. It also seems to really extend the life of your clutch bearings. IMO it's $65 well spent.:nod:

+1

shesha 04-12-2009 05:51 PM

Am running the penta fioroni clutch, it's a bit slow on the engagement but onces it engages it hauls the truggy nice around the track.

I will test out the turbo clutch i heared good reviews on those.

pooldoc 04-13-2009 01:08 PM

I have the mugen version, using ofna bells, didn't know you could use the losi bell, I know with the ofna bell it won't line up. I have a set of maxlife shoes, gonna try them with green-golds this weekend, if they don't work out putting the fiorini in.
With the stock shoes and springs after 2 6 min heats, I'd have to file them or they would be hanging up by the end of the main.I haven't filed a shoe since I got the turbo slider a year ago.Only saving grace to the losi clutch is it's so easy to maintain shoes, not like your standard 3 shoe. Only compaint I've heard about a turbo slider is a boggy low end, with my c6 a little low end bog is a good thing, much more controlable. Thanks

JAMMINKRAZY 04-13-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by pooldoc (Post 5679211)
I have the mugen version, using ofna bells, didn't know you could use the losi bell, I know with the ofna bell it won't line up. Thanks

Yeah losi bells work perfectly with the fioroni. I personally use Robinson racing losi style bells. And like I said I use the KHZ extended mount with the blocks in the normal(arrow foreward) position.

token 04-13-2009 01:25 PM

4 shoe Dynamite max life shoe and silver spring, 25 bucks and last me all season

JAMMINKRAZY 04-13-2009 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by token (Post 5679277)
4 shoe Dynamite max life shoe and silver spring, 25 bucks and last me all season

You must not be racing enough if that lasts you all season.:nod:

Integra 04-13-2009 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 5679310)
You must not be racing enough if that lasts you all season.:nod:

its harsh but true. :nod:

brentmorl 04-13-2009 02:50 PM

+1 on that