Wiki Posts
Search

My 1st Truggy Some Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My 1st Truggy Some Questions..

So i been running my Losi 8 1.0 with a RB WS7 III I'm right at or about 9 gallons on the motor itself still have a lot Pinch left..But my new Project to to Race at my Local Track in the sportsman truggy class, so I pick myself a used Mugen MBX5T Prospec(Mint) which included a RB TM928 with 1.5 gallons ran through it, so I have a few questions.

1. From what Ive read so far is that the engine is a Beast (understatement) Ive never seen one run. anyone seen any of these engines in action.
2. I run on on a Medium size track (Indy Rc World) here in Garland TX..which pipe would work best
I have a Jp1,RB 063 and a Ofna 086 pipe..I'm not really sure what pipe to use, I hear the engine have crazy Low end grunt and good top end aslo.
3. What Can I expect overall from the RB TM928 with a MBX5t Prospec
4. And lastly do I need to Keep my WS7 III, im not sure if the RB TM928 would be to much..
5.Will my WS7 III be enough to Power my Truggy..

THx everyone for your Help..
Old 04-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mercury9
So i been running my Losi 8 1.0 with a RB WS7 III I'm right at or about 9 gallons on the motor itself still have a lot Pinch left..But my new Project to to Race at my Local Track in the sportsman truggy class, so I pick myself a used Mugen MBX5T Prospec(Mint) which included a RB TM928 with 1.5 gallons ran through it, so I have a few questions.

1. From what Ive read so far is that the engine is a Beast (understatement) Ive never seen one run. anyone seen any of these engines in action.
2. I run on on a Medium size track (Indy Rc World) here in Garland TX..which pipe would work best
I have a Jp1,RB 063 and a Ofna 086 pipe..I'm not really sure what pipe to use, I hear the engine have crazy Low end grunt and good top end aslo.
3. What Can I expect overall from the RB TM928 with a MBX5t Prospec
4. And lastly do I need to Keep my WS7 III, im not sure if the RB TM928 would be to much..
5.Will my WS7 III be enough to Power my Truggy..

THx everyone for your Help..
Run the ws7. The .28 will be too much power for you, and get horrible runtimes compared to the 21. The ws7 will be plenty of power for your truggy.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

+1

oh and sell that Mugen and get a Losi 8T 2.0 you wont regret it.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
+1

+1 to that. The 2.0T is an absolute beast.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...dProduct=12087

Discount codes
450.00 +
5%
RCAPR995
Old 04-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1

Money is kinda tight at the moment, but i already have a Losi lol, besides i got the Mint Truck and Motor for $225. +1 for Mugen and Death to Losi lol...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The WS7III is plenty of motor for any 1/8 scale. 9 gallons... hmmmm... might want to make sure the conrod is still good. I've heard of people getting 15 gallons out of that motor though.

The other motor... well, that in an MBX5T is probably going to have about the response of the WS7 III in the Losi buggy. If you are used to that, you can probably handle it.

The temptation here is to steer you completely wrong, since I run at Indy too. But I wouldn't do that. Try both motors and see what you think. The MBX5T is a capable truck, although it is a bit of a heavy pig compared to newer designs. So, the extra power of the .28 might be of use. Keep in mind the .28 is going to be thirstier than you are used to though.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

+1

agreed +1 make sure Mugen Parts are avalibe to you when you need them at your LHS

2.0 kicks A - - get rid of the 928 it is crazy stupid and only get about 6 min on a tank -