Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Info on RB Airfilter

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default Info on RB Airfilter

Hey all, just got my RB Airfilter package-http://www.jespares.com/radio-controlled-models/nitro-cars/engines-accessories/engine-accessories/air-filters/rb-buggy-air-filter-w-oil-4-foams.html

Um, and basically 2 thing
1: How come the airfilter comes with the black round filters and not the Angled ones? Any real reason.

2. In the Foam, there is what look like the Outer-Angled type.. and either the inner foam inside or one to keep its shape. Just checking is that the inner.. or to keep its shape, before I use it just to check cheers!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone?? Help is appreciated
Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

the filter comes with black foam, spares are white angled. ask RB why is that

new foams now come in a foam block that is just precut and you have to remove them from the block.

each filter consists of - small center foam that needs to be thrown out and is there for the inner foam to keep its shape. inner foam, outer foam (angled)
Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

So, the Inner piece is to be thrown, As its to hold the outer shape? Or it it to be used as A Inner foam.. as I have never seen an RB inners for sale? Sorry dont quite understand.. what you meant.. never used RB or similar filters. Dont want to make a mistake and use it as a inner then find. It just to keep outer shape thanks..

Mine has. Block of the foam.. 4 filters-4 outers.. think 4 inners.. the one's you said that need to be thrown.. are there sometimes foam inside the inner foam.. pencil size? As There are 2 Bits that come out.. Outer and what I think is the inner.. but could be to keep its shape.. not 100%
Old 04-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Info on RB Airfilter-rb.jpg

BLACK= throw away
LIGHT ORANGE = INNER
DARK ORANGE=OUTER

it's a standard 2 piece air filter. oil at least inner, but it's better to oil both elements

all you can get as spares are 10 or 20 spare filters that contain both inner/outer foam
Old 04-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Yea, Was just checking mine dosnt have the Throw away part.. its the foam block and the inner+Outer. Thanks for your help, I just wanted to make sure I used to correct parts hehe cheers
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Dont forget one of these for your RB filter...

You can get them on ebay cheap under Filter Cover, they make your filters last much longer.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Yea, I have looked but cant find anywhere in the UK that sells those.. there very usefull...
Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

on EBAY
Old 04-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use outerwears filtercover when running in very dusty/wet environment. especially in truggy where the body does not fit snuggly around chassis
Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Throw away the pincil diamitter part. The thicker one is the inner & the thinnest is the outter.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Yea, I have looked but cant find anywhere in the UK that sells those.. there very usefull...
The ebay ones ship world wide.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Ok, will have a look.. hope it dosnt cost a fortune to ship to Uk.. will have a look thanks
Old 04-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Ok, will have a look.. hope it dosnt cost a fortune to ship to Uk.. will have a look thanks
He actually sends them in a normal style letter envelope, which here in the states just takes around $1 USD worth of postage, so it shouldnt be much more for you.

And yes, highly recommended I run his filter and shock covers...incredible product, at a foolishly low price, and great customer service.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CAUTION! I have seen on 3 different occasions where these have been used at the local track here in town the neck leading to the filter splits letting in all kinds of dirt. It splits where the rubber is moulded together along the bend on the outside not noticeable at first until you give it a squeeze. It has taken out motors make sure that you check this before you install the neck to the carb. These were on brand new just out of the package systems so it isnt from any kinds of use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.