Wiki Posts
Search

i tweaked my chasses!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default i tweaked my chasses!!!!

brand new never been ran. I have been looking at my front end trying to figure out whats wrong. I looked at my chasses and the front kick is bent to the side! I am guess it's from me (after it was assembled with tires on) dropping it on the floot ( simulating a jump i guess). my question is, should i try to bend it back?? or just leave it like it is??? which will drive me crazy!! I know once i race it, it's bound to get out of form. But i have not even cranked the engine!!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

how high did u drop it from it should not bend lie that i would give someone a email if its never been drove.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
brand new never been ran. I have been looking at my front end trying to figure out whats wrong. I looked at my chasses and the front kick is bent to the side! I am guess it's from me (after it was assembled with tires on) dropping it on the floot ( simulating a jump i guess). my question is, should i try to bend it back?? or just leave it like it is??? which will drive me crazy!! I know once i race it, it's bound to get out of form. But i have not even cranked the engine!!
If you got it from a LHS then i would take it back, not tell them you dropped it (as they will blame that to get out of replacing the chassis) and get them to replace it or fix you up some how.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have tossed cars pretty hard and never bent a chassis. With what these things go through I really doubt you could have bent it by dropping it.

It probably came tweaked.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I honestly do not see how you bent it from simply dropping it. These cars will take jumps well over 30 feet and not tweak. My opinion this is likely a manufacturers defect. What kind of car is it?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd get it replaced, it wouldn't help any performance aspect of the car. I'm not surprised you bent it as aluminum can bend very easily. Even if it doesn't look bent with your eyes doesn't mean it isn't bent with a microscope
Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xDaRReLLx87
I'd get it replaced, it wouldn't help any performance aspect of the car. I'm not surprised you bent it as aluminum can bend very easily. Even if it doesn't look bent with your eyes doesn't mean it isn't bent with a microscope
Very true! But a simple drop? I just dont see how. You can see if it is bent without a microscope. Just need a straight edge.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lowblktaco
Very true! But a simple drop? I just dont see how. You can see if it is bent without a microscope. Just need a straight edge.
haha, true. Nice catch .......It would sound as if you had a chassis that wasn't to quality standards or he just had 100wt shock oil j/k
Yes the aluminum bends but it shouldn't bend by a simple drop
I'd complain to where you ordered it or you could complain to your LHS or wherever you got it from.