Wife or Girlfriend VS RC addiction

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wife or Girlfriend VS RC addiction

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Do you know how to make a Hormone?

Originally Posted by roadracer43
Its called HORMONES.
You don't pay her!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Location: I live in the middle of nowhere. A place where we have roughly 0 nitro tracks, on or off road. All we have is flat grass and open corn fields, sometimes it's not even fun to bash there anymore.

i think its dang funny that some of you are actually talking about kicking your wife to the curb over some toy cars, i mean i love my rc cars and i spend some good money on them, but if my wife complains about it i'm not going to kick her out. i mean if shes complaining it would probably be because you are spending to much TIME with your cars, not to much money, in which case you would be a bad husband anyway. it's not the hobby, it's you.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panic09

Seriously though... have come to the conclusion that all this comes from the fact that our wives dont have an actual hobby for themselves. And they only see the cost involved and not the main idea.

amen brutha!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Wives only complain over 1 (one) thing: the amount of time you are not spending with her......

Money is totally different: If you dont have the money to do this and you are not paying your bills and stuff, hell yeah she can complain.......

if you have the money and everthing is settled - then she is complaing about TIME

Who ever wants to end a relationship over a TOY car - is really stupid

We spend ALOT of money on these TOYS - a turn and do something nice for you woman
Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First it was Mini truck vs. chick, then it was DJing vs. chick, then after giving up those two I went to something that was in a lower dollar amount instead of spending $2000.00 on a bag kit or suspension drop or $3000.00 on turntables and a mixer and droping $200.00 on records and promotions so I thought this rc thing was the right thing. No drinking hardly any women there to stare at all day in a bikini or miniskirt and they know where we are at and can drop by anytime to see if we're there. I got fed up and moved on and kept the rc, but that mini truck might come back now cuzz i want to transport my Ofna rides to the track looking slammed and the Dj stuff i have bought some stuff back but it's for home now, the only time I stop for a ladt now is for my daughter and the racing is put to the side like it was before when I was married so the chick is going to have to put up with my crap of racing, you do get burnout and stay home and want to do other things but when they nag it make you want to leave and get away from them. And by the way what's the part number for a spare wife I don't have that in my parts box.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Hobby's and the wife thread huh......This is hitting home right now!

Last night me and the misses got in a argument about the time i spend at the track/tinkering. Her main focus was the fact that our dining room still has no carpet and our guest bath is still drywall(total demo). We have been doing some major home improvements and these are the last two things that are left to do that are in the major catagory. I started thinking about it last night and she was VERY right when she said i put more money and time into rc in the last 2 weeks than i had on the house. My solution was very simple, i called up my dad (owns construction co) and had him organize all the trades to show up tomorrow. I have a plumber, painters, carpet guys, trim guy all showing tomorrow in sequence. I told her that if all the work was done by Friday afternoon i was going racing and she said "Thatll never happen" which would be true if i was doing all the work myself. When she gets home from work on friday she's gonna be shocked, shortly after she will lose her pants, and then im going to the track

I started thinking that if i have spent over a G on rc in the last month or so why couldnt i spend the same to make her happy and improve our home? Now that theres some balance all is well. Sometimes we just get caught up in whats fun and not what needs to come first imo.

Were buying a new home in june and i get a 26x18 hobby room! gotta keep her happy! Guns on one wall, rc's on the other
Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LT280z
Hobby's and the wife thread huh......This is hitting home right now!

Last night me and the misses got in a argument about the time i spend at the track/tinkering. Her main focus was the fact that our dining room still has no carpet and our guest bath is still drywall(total demo). We have been doing some major home improvements and these are the last two things that are left to do that are in the major catagory. I started thinking about it last night and she was VERY right when she said i put more money and time into rc in the last 2 weeks than i had on the house. My solution was very simple, i called up my dad (owns construction co) and had him organize all the trades to show up tomorrow. I have a plumber, painters, carpet guys, trim guy all showing tomorrow in sequence. I told her that if all the work was done by Friday afternoon i was going racing and she said "Thatll never happen" which would be true if i was doing all the work myself. When she gets home from work on friday she's gonna be shocked, shortly after she will lose her pants, and then im going to the track

I started thinking that if i have spent over a G on rc in the last month or so why couldnt i spend the same to make her happy and improve our home? Now that theres some balance all is well. Sometimes we just get caught up in whats fun and not what needs to come first imo.

Were buying a new home in june and i get a 26x18 hobby room! gotta keep her happy! Guns on one wall, rc's on the other
Sounds like you made the right decision... she isn't being unreasonable there, and you're fixing it.
And getting a 26 x 18 hobby room ROCKS! I like the Z in your avatar too... always had a thing for the older Z's.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's very difficult to find a balance when you're in some kind of relationship and you really enjoy any hobby. My theory is that if the relationship is good enough to make you WANT to find some time away from your hobby (not all of it - just some) then you're on the right track. If you're using the hobby to get away from the relationship, then you've got some thinkin' to do.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Sounds like you made the right decision... she isn't being unreasonable there, and you're fixing it.
And getting a 26 x 18 hobby room ROCKS! I like the Z in your avatar too... always had a thing for the older Z's.
It was a hard decision to make money wise, but its the right thing to do. It was a hard decision because ive had my eye on some CCW wheels for the Z! Thanks for the compliments on the Z, its been alot of work but it's finally to the point where i want it....For now

The misses actually bought me a custom fabbed Aluminum exhaust for it for xmas. Her words were: "With all the power it makes the mufflers make it sound weak so merry xmas its a sweet 4" system"
She is picking up the new 370Z next week! It will look great sitting next to the old school. Same color too! I already scheduled the fab shop to build her a nice exhaust system (likes it louder than stock)
Old 04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by LT280z
It was a hard decision to make money wise, but its the right thing to do. It was a hard decision because ive had my eye on some CCW wheels for the Z! Thanks for the compliments on the Z, its been alot of work but it's finally to the point where i want it....For now

The misses actually bought me a custom fabbed Aluminum exhaust for it for xmas. Her words were: "With all the power it makes the mufflers make it sound weak so merry xmas its a sweet 4" system"
She is picking up the new 370Z next week! It will look great sitting next to the old school. Same color too! I already scheduled the fab shop to build her a nice exhaust system (likes it louder than stock)
I like the 370 better than the 350... (from a styling perspective) The quarter windows evoke the look of the original 240/260.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Help your partner to find a hobby. If you want to race on saturdays then help her to find some shopping buddies to go out with on saturday. If your broke and can't afford her hobbies & your hobbies at the same time then you need to find a new hobby called make more money.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

all depends on what she looks like....and if she can pit a car
Old 04-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default spare wife parts no

Originally Posted by -R2-
First it was Mini truck vs. chick, then it was DJing vs. chick, then after giving up those two I went to something that was in a lower dollar amount instead of spending $2000.00 on a bag kit or suspension drop or $3000.00 on turntables and a mixer and droping $200.00 on records and promotions so I thought this rc thing was the right thing. No drinking hardly any women there to stare at all day in a bikini or miniskirt and they know where we are at and can drop by anytime to see if we're there. I got fed up and moved on and kept the rc, but that mini truck might come back now cuzz i want to transport my Ofna rides to the track looking slammed and the Dj stuff i have bought some stuff back but it's for home now, the only time I stop for a ladt now is for my daughter and the racing is put to the side like it was before when I was married so the chick is going to have to put up with my crap of racing, you do get burnout and stay home and want to do other things but when they nag it make you want to leave and get away from them. And by the way what's the part number for a spare wife I don't have that in my parts box.
The part number for the spare wife is the same thing how you get the original..
Old 04-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moeman
I'm 36 and live with my mom. She says I'm the best at RC.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

I was into R/C models before I met my wife: I have my stuff and she has her shoppingmall! It is that easy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.