Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
tell me what else i need to run my car kit >

tell me what else i need to run my car kit

tell me what else i need to run my car kit

Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default tell me what else i need to run my car kit

I bought a mbx6, got my engine, muffler, servos and starter box.

shock oils, tires, wheels, lube, paint.

I know i need gas, radio/transimitter.

When i got the starter box it did not come with anything to actually start the car. Do i need a glo plug igniter??? Air filter oil??? what kind of batteries??? What kind of glo plugs??

I just want the damn thing running
Old 04-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

bump. Bout to go to the hobby shop
Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

tick tock.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Last edited by cary; 04-24-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You definitely need the glow ignitor. Check the starter box and see if there are batteries in it. You could have a box that has one big battery (12v) or 2 stick packs. You will need a battery pack for the car to power the reciever and servos. Make sure you get at least a 1600mh rechargable. You will need something to charge it all too. I recommend a super brain 959 or such. This will charge most everything you have unless you are using a 12v battery in your starter box. Make sure that you charge your stuff slowly. The brain defaults to 3amp charging and you will be wailing on your hump pack. I charge at 1amp if I have the time.

Depending on the wheels you get you will probably need to get tire glue. I would get this anyway since most preglued rims/tires will peel off a little bit.

Not knowing what engine you got and if it is new or not it is hard to say what you need. But you will definitely need filter oil and depending on what setup you have I would get extra outer filters. I would get at least 2 extra glow plugs and lookup your engine and see what is recommended. If the engine is new, I would pick up a $20 heat gun to warm the engine for break in. Search the site for breakin tips.

It sounds like you got a new buggy since you needed paint, so I would also get a body reamer/scissors to get the body done. And if you are building the kit from scratch a dremmel is well worth the money.

Lastly I always have a complete set of shock shafts as backup. Nothing sucks more than you day ending because you didn't have a $5 part...

Good luck!
-Keith
Old 04-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

It would also be ideal to get a shock oil kit, as well as a shock spring kit. This will be crucial when racing and finding your setup. I'd also get a Camber gauge.
I'd go to Wal*Mart and get you some "3 in 1" air tool cleaner for your afterun and air filter oil. Also be sure to get a few spare parts such as A-arms and shock towers. other than that, killerX2 nailed it.

DaRReLL