Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX5T SET UP HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default MBX5T SET UP HELP

I have a mbx5t and am having some trouble with handling. It is good most of the way around the track except going in to the corner. It pushes pretty hard. I have no on power steering. Turns good as soon as I am off the power and pulls strait when back on the power out of the turn. I know this car has been around for a while and there must be some pros out there with some good set up for it. This is my basic set up now
F toe out 2
R toe in 1.5
F neg camber 2
R neg camber 2
difs 10-7-3
dog bones level

If some one could post a link to a good set up or has a set up it would help me.

The truck is fast now I just need to get it in to the corner a little faster.
Thanks

eb5pGo 21 mbx5t
7pGo xt8ec
ebVspec
Old 04-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I drove a 5t for 2 and a half years and my truck was driving pretty good for my driving style i was runing 5-5-2 with 2 degrees on the front kick up 1 degree of toe out in front and the upper hinge pins in the higher position in the back i was using the -1 3 degrees toe in with the hinge pins in the lower position.

In my opinion what is giving you that push is the 10.000 in the front diff i did try it once with the same result
Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MBX5TR
I drove a 5t for 2 and a half years and my truck was driving pretty good for my driving style i was runing 5-5-2 with 2 degrees on the front kick up 1 degree of toe out in front and the upper hinge pins in the higher position in the back i was using the -1 3 degrees toe in with the hinge pins in the lower position.

In my opinion what is giving you that push is the 10.000 in the front diff i did try it once with the same result
Thanks for the advice. Why did you stop with the 5t? What type of track were you on with that set up. Ours is short with jumps, longest straight is 90'. Short run up to the triples and doubles.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ;5639827
Thanks for the advice. Why did you stop with the 5t? What type of track were you on with that set up. Ours is short with jumps, longest straight is 90'. Short run up to the triples and doubles.

ccumbe somewhere here there is a thresde for this car.this will help you with the set up!
search it with the search macine in this forum.[right upper corner.]
Old 04-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ccumbe
i just got bored of the truggy class now i am running buggy for a while

Our track is like a mediom size track with diferent kind of jumps and some technical sections and tight turns and mostly it is hard packed with some dust on top or blue grooved
Old 04-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 5t

change the diff oil in the front to 5,leve center at 7 and 3 in the back.that should help you,ive run mine like that for about 3 years now.all i ever change is my tires and shock oils to compensate for the track cond.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

My preference is the 5000 front, 7000 center and 3000 rear, as that seems to work almost anywhere, I have tried in my son's 5T the 7,000 front and 10,000 center and 3,000 rear and the only real difference I could find was that his had more forward traction, but seemed to push a little more in and out of the corners for my driving style, and tire choice is the biggest part of any set up
Old 04-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MBX5TR

Thanks for the advice. Why did you stop with the 5t? What type of track were you on with that set up? Ours is short with jumps, longest straight is 90'. Short run up to the triples and doubles.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry for the double post . came back to the computer and thought it did not go through.