Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marz
I've never noticed that issue my self dude.
I know its happened to me twice now, and I've only ran the car for two practice sessions and two race days... One time it happ. with the carbon tower and the other with the alum. Plus, I know it was brought up to me before I ever even got the car by Vance, who'd had it happen multiple times in his first two weeks with the car as well... Then, out of the blue, another team guy brought it up to me as well last saturday, and I saw his car sitting there with it all bent too... It struck me as a problem, because mine was still bent from Thurs. night's practice session...
Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Very strange ... I'll be sure to take note of what's happening at our local tracks with that issue.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NsideLine
I know its happened to me twice now, and I've only ran the car for two practice sessions and two race days... One time it happ. with the carbon tower and the other with the alum. Plus, I know it was brought up to me before I ever even got the car by Vance, who'd had it happen multiple times in his first two weeks with the car as well... Then, out of the blue, another team guy brought it up to me as well last saturday, and I saw his car sitting there with it all bent too... It struck me as a problem, because mine was still bent from Thurs. night's practice session...
PUT UP SOME PHOTO'S. If you can.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hmmm. Bent a couple of screws there, but never the mount itself.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigmatt
PUT UP SOME PHOTO'S. If you can.
I'll get a few photos of the part on here later...
Old 04-20-2009, 07:04 AM
Suspended

Hi.
I've also bend a upper shock mount at the base, but still use that same shock mount, i think what caused it was that it wasn't properply screwed in.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:00 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Man these problems with the x2 are making things difficult now. Maybe I should just keep my x1. I have no problems at all. It doesn't break.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

I haven't had any of the problems listed here yet. I drove for the first time on a race track this week end. I was all over the place. why my car is not destroyed I'll never know. Nothing bent,broke or tore up. I would say this is on durable car. I thought for sure I would have broken the shock towers at least. I barrel rolled that thing so many times I'm still cringing thinking about it. This car is super durable.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

i run my shock mount with a washer behind the head of the screw and a washer betwen the aluminium shock mount and the carbon towers. the washer that works best is the washer that goes under the akernman plate. its the perfect size. i have never bent one and i have had mine since the worlds. i know that people had bent the mount without the washer but havn't heard of someone bending them with the steel washer between the mounts and the tower until now.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, do any of you have an issue with your ride hight?

I've just re done my shock oils, and noticed that the ride hight is really high and springy, even tho my shocks are wound all the way up, and the sway bar is quite loose. The back isn't as bad, but still very confusing. I usually have the arms approximately level, but at the moment, they're nowhere near that/
Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JUD
Man these problems with the x2 are making things difficult now. Maybe I should just keep my x1. I have no problems at all. It doesn't break.
Actually, there is no reason this isn't one of the most durable cars out there. It was one of the reasons I decided to drive it. Was just sick of having parts wear out and break all the time. It is well known as that. Watch a couple of guys with it, and see how often they don't finish a race due to breakage... It's kinda rare. Plus, we're just trying our hardest to come up with things that may be of concern so we can pick it apart and make it better. That's what makes it fun. I mean, comeon... a screw bending is going to determine what car you drive...? I've seen 0 issues with the rest of the car. The driveshafts last longer than the HB or losi's did for me... and upon further review, the diffs are wearing just fine. I doubt I'll need to replace any parts for quite awhile... Just concerned what would make you fear upgrading your car, now that you have an idea of where to strengthen and reinforce it to prevent any issues whatsoever... Stick to it. You'll be happy you did.

Let's see... The only other thing I have had to replace is the wheel/axle bearings as they seemed to take on dirt too quickly and got rough. They didnt blow up or freeze completely. They just got dirt inside it seems, so I switched them out for TKO ceramics. You can check them out here>>> http://tkocompetitiondev.com/product...roducts_id=155
They are fantastic. No problems since...
Oh, and by the way... I got a few sets of these clutch bearings from Peter as well, and they are absolutely fantastic. I was worried about switching back to standard sized clutch bearings, being that the HB ones are slightly larger and seemed to last a long time, and I remember having to switch them out more often with my old Kyosho and Mugen cars - But these directional 5x10x4's are worth every penny, and I've been on the same set for over a gallon now, and they have gotten smoother if anything... He said he's personally gone 3-4 gallons on a set, and then switched them out as preventative maint., but that's it! Here, check em out... http://tkocompetitiondev.com/product...roducts_id=341

Originally Posted by bigmatt
I haven't had any of the problems listed here yet. I drove for the first time on a race track this week end. I was all over the place. why my car is not destroyed I'll never know. Nothing bent,broke or tore up. I would say this is on durable car. I thought for sure I would have broken the shock towers at least. I barrel rolled that thing so many times I'm still cringing thinking about it. This car is super durable.
Sounds about right. I have finished every qualifier, and every main, as well as every practice session on the car so far, and after 2+ gal on a brand new car, that's pretty good, I'd say...

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup
i run my shock mount with a washer behind the head of the screw and a washer betwen the aluminium shock mount and the carbon towers. the washer that works best is the washer that goes under the akernman plate. its the perfect size. i have never bent one and i have had mine since the worlds. i know that people had bent the mount without the washer but havn't heard of someone bending them with the steel washer between the mounts and the tower until now.
Yeah, I am trying the dual-washers now, but hadn't in the past. I never had a problem with the washer in front like it is now. Hoping it'll fix this. I believe it will.

Originally Posted by Marz
Hey guys, do any of you have an issue with your ride hight?

I've just re done my shock oils, and noticed that the ride hight is really high and springy, even tho my shocks are wound all the way up, and the sway bar is quite loose. The back isn't as bad, but still very confusing. I usually have the arms approximately level, but at the moment, they're nowhere near that/
Hmmm... Why would you have an issue with the ride height? You're using the white springs in back and stock blue up front? Is there any binding that is taking place? Do you have the shocks built with too much pressure? I'm not sure if that's even possible with the stock bladders in them... Are they built per the manual? Try dissecting the front end first and checking each thing oone by one.

1. Free movement throughout the suspension range
2. Shock build quality - is anything binding? how far do the shock shafts come out on their own when compressed without springs on them?
3. Sway bar tightness - You left the set-screws that secure the sway bar loose enough for it to move freely in the channel, correct?
4. Post a pic of your front end completely assembled. Drop the car from 12-16 inches and then take a pic.

I'm a little baffled as to what it could be. I run the shock collars almost all the way up, but don't get the bones above level unless I adjust them down a ways... Lets see what you are talking about...

Last edited by NsideLine; 04-21-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

nsideline, well said!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Some pics of X1's & X2's in action at my local track over weekend :

Old 04-21-2009, 08:31 AM
JUD
Tech Master

I will consider the x2 later. Don't get me wrong I know the car is durable. But it seems to be some bugs that need to be worked out.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

My ride height was a little high when I first switched to the X2, but the springs settled in during the first race day. Only thing I can think of that would throw it way out of whack is if you are using the long plastic ends instead of the short ones all the way around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.