Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigmatt
thats right, if your x1x is dialed in there is no reason for x2. I have both. I started gathering parts to build the x2 last summer. then when the conversion came out bought it and built the x2. I have a x1 that I really liked, got a good deal on it. thats why I built x2 to race. also have the hyper 8.5 and as far as I am concerned, noway will it handle as well as a jammin. just my opinion. also the x2 seems more stable all around.
X2 is very stable and the upgrades are all very focused improvements over the X1's original parts, and they lighten, strengthen, and improve handling, so why anyone would stick to the X1 if they can afford to go x2 is kind of silly. I'd say upgrade it piece by piece if you have to, and you'll get a better feel for the main differences, where as most people just get the whole kit and never get to experience the comparison like you can... I'd definitely do it... But thenn again... I seem to need to modify things just for the fun of it too... So, if you're strapped for cash, just focus on the most important items and the ones that are worn more first I imagine....
Old 05-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I never wanted anyone not to buy the jammin x2 by saying it was not as good as the x1x. the x2 is a lot better then the x1. as a beginning racer the x1x platform is not a bad car what so ever. The x1 is why I built the x2, these cars handling for me is far superior then any thing else I have driven. the x1x plat form is so good that I do believe it has been out since the ofna hyper 8? and now they are on the hyper 9. so there must be some thing every body liked about the x1x platform for it to be around for so long. I don't want to start a pissing match here, but if you are a beginner, just starting to race to see what it's all about the x1x is not a bad start imo.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

I never wanted anyone not to buy the jammin x2 by saying it was not as good as the x1x. the x2 is a lot better then the x1. as a beginning racer the x1x platform is not a bad car what so ever. The x1 is why I built the x2, these cars handling for me is far superior then any thing else I have driven. the x1x plat form is so good that I do believe it has been out since the ofna hyper 8? and now they are on the hyper 9. so there must be some thing every body liked about the x1x platform for it to be around for so long. I don't want to start a pissing match here, but if you are a beginner, just starting to race to see what it's all about the x1x is not a bad start imo.
Yeps... The only one thing I would say needs to be done to the X2 that would make it any better, and I know its' something they have already considered, but don't have any major plans to revise it yet... Is the front end... The current c-hub design is outdated now, and limits how the car handles/steers through corners. It needs an overhaul, like Steve O'Donnell just completed with their car. And maybe they can continue the series one more time by releasing it as the x2x or something. Everything else on the car is ok, if not made of the highest quality and and is very durable. I'm going to try and mod some kind of upper link option with just the one single tie-rod design, but the whole front end needs to be updated to get the car to carry more corner speed and take advantage of the weight-forward chassis design. I hope the revisions and/or a whole new car is not too far off. But in the meantime, this is one of the most durable, most stable, and consistent cars out there, and with new adaptation/revisions, also come a new set of problems that need to be overcome as well, so... If the money is spent, it will happen. If not, at least the car is still very good the way it is... for now.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Originally Posted by NsideLine

Yeps... The only one thing I would say needs to be done to the X2 that would make it any better, and I know its' something they have already considered, but don't have any major plans to revise it yet... Is the front end... The current c-hub design is outdated now, and limits how the car handles/steers through corners. It needs an overhaul, like Steve O'Donnell just completed with their car. And maybe they can continue the series one more time by releasing it as the x2x or something. Everything else on the car is ok, if not made of the highest quality and and is very durable. I'm going to try and mod some kind of upper link option with just the one single tie-rod design, but the whole front end needs to be updated to get the car to carry more corner speed and take advantage of the weight-forward chassis design. I hope the revisions and/or a whole new car is not too far off. But in the meantime, this is one of the most durable, most stable, and consistent cars out there, and with new adaptation/revisions, also come a new set of problems that need to be overcome as well, so... If the money is spent, it will happen. If not, at least the car is still very good the way it is... for now.

Agree with you about the C hub. I used a dremel and beveled the front of it significantly. Now it handles much better, turns better, and has better on and off power steering. I am using 5/5/4 in the diffs and it really has calmed the rear end down from what the box stock specs were. Overall i am very happy with it and would love to see an updated C hub.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
Agree with you about the C hub. I used a dremel and beveled the front of it significantly. Now it handles much better, turns better, and has better on and off power steering. I am using 5/5/4 in the diffs and it really has calmed the rear end down from what the box stock specs were. Overall i am very happy with it and would love to see an updated C hub.
can you post a pic of your mod?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

How far do you screw in the shock bottoms?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by NsideLine

I agree!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

can you post a pic of your mod?
I beveled the top front of the C Hub so when you turn the wheel all the way to the right or left it has some clearance. This is a must if you are using regular buggy wheels as opposed to the newer bigger diameter wheels that they have now. I am currently running the jconcept rulux wheels and was having clearance issues. I will take a pic of where i beveled when i get a sec.

ANYONE KNOW IF THE JAMMIN X1 PIVOT BALL UPGRADE FITS THE X2?

Last edited by Bulldawg RC; 05-11-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
I beveled the top front of the C Hub so when you turn the wheel all the way to the right or left it has some clearance. This is a must if you are using regular buggy wheels as opposed to the newer bigger diameter wheels that they have now. I am currently running the jconcept rulux wheels and was having clearance issues. I will take a pic of where i beveled when i get a sec.

ANYONE KNOW IF THE JAMMIN X1 PIVOT BALL UPGRADE FITS THE X2?
I have a brand new pivot ball kit for the x1x and by the looks of it I think it will.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
How far do you screw in the shock bottoms?
Just until they are flush with the shaft edge. If you can't get enough droop for the rear then use the longer ends.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

has any one had any problems with the carbon fiber shock towers? I see they came out with some aluminum ones now.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

has any one had any problems with the carbon fiber shock towers? I see they came out with some aluminum ones now.
Yeah, I broke my rear tower first time out, but I think it was a fluke.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

wow! I thought the front would be the first to go. I put ca glue around the edges of mine. they seem to be holding up very well. And I am a beginning driver. I think one thing it might be a gimmick to sell parts? I am racing the hyper 8.5(2 races) and bent the alum. front tower, 1 shock shaft and both front axles.
My jammin seams more durable as it has been test driven around the track with some heavy crashes. hence the reason I race the 8.5.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, that's why I think it was a fluke. Crashed into oncoming traffic and got hit just right by another car. Front tower is fine.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sugs
Yeah, that's why I think it was a fluke. Crashed into oncoming traffic and got hit just right by another car. Front tower is fine.
The stock carbon towers are very durable. Just make sure you use the ca trick on the edges, or the carbon may fray and split at the edge eventually. I tried the alum. but went back to the carbon, as they seem to be quite lighter (especially the rear), and just as strong... I like them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.