Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA Starter box the blue one

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 07:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
kinda funny hearing stuff like this.....when everyone makes the ofna out to be the be all end all of starter boxes.
well bro, it is a great box, but its pissing people my pitguys off a lot it seems I can throw it right on and fire it in a sec, but yeah........anyways, I am going for a 2.0 buggy soon so I think a Losi box with upgraded motors and wiring and lipos will be the cat$ a$$ for both rides
Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
well bro, it is a great box, but its pissing people my pitguys off a lot it seems I can throw it right on and fire it in a sec, but yeah........anyways, I am going for a 2.0 buggy soon so I think a Losi box with upgraded motors and wiring and lipos will be the cat$ a$$ for both rides

transfer over the 775's.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Do you pit guys use losi's? All 4 of my guys you the ofna box. We use to use the losi box and now we have the blue ofna box and we all have the 2.0"s buggy and truggies. We have no problem with using this box. After breaking in 2 motors on the losi box motors wasnt really no more good. I had to back out the glow plug just to get it to spend the flywheel.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
Do you pit guys use losi's? All 4 of my guys you the ofna box. We use to use the losi box and now we have the blue ofna box and we all have the 2.0"s buggy and truggies. We have no problem with using this box. After breaking in 2 motors on the losi box motors wasnt really no more good. I had to back out the glow plug just to get it to spend the flywheel.
stock motors are weak, everyone knows that......BUT, if you break in the motors, they will last longer I have been told, I have also been told NOT to use this box to breakin an angine.........but if your mill is pre-broke, they work very nicely, especially with upgraded motors, wiring and lipo's.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Broke in my Nova engine with this blue box. Chewed a bit of the wheel but not much. Set the front pegs to hook the A-arms up front and the back pegs rest on the angled chassis edges on the rear of my 2.0 truggy. Works like a charm every time.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marccaracer
Broke in my Nova engine with this blue box. Chewed a bit of the wheel but not much. Set the front pegs to hook the A-arms up front and the back pegs rest on the angled chassis edges on the rear of my 2.0 truggy. Works like a charm every time.
The losi box is great if they put them 775 motors in them stock. No I wouldnt recommend breaking in more than one motor on this box even if your using a heat gun. I killed my friends losi box breaking in my grp .21 with a heat gun. He replaced his box with the ofna box. When we saw how good that box was all the losi boxes got replaced.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not sure what you did wrong, but my 2.0T fits on my ofna box perfectly. What I did was center the wheel more. There is an extra set of holes in the motor mount. All you have to do is slide the motors over and screw them in, in the option holes. That puts the motors in a more central position which is better for the losi cars. Not sure if you have the new style rear mount or not. If your rear mount has 3 sets of slots for the pegs, you should be able to set it up for the truggy without modification. If you have the older style single slot rear mount, you will have to remove the mount and grind the little peg off of the bottom. This will allow the mount to slide back further. Now what you need to do is use a longer screw and go all the way through the mount and into the post switch where the screw that holds the top down would normally go. Then set the pegs up and you will be good! I got sick of the losi box, and bought 2 ofna truggy boxes. Very happy I did. I was going to mount the ofna motors in the losi box, but decided just to go with 2 ofna boxes. I really don't mind carrying 2 boxes around. And now I will never have a problem starting even my tightest engines!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Not sure what you did wrong, but my 2.0T fits on my ofna box perfectly. What I did was center the wheel more. There is an extra set of holes in the motor mount. All you have to do is slide the motors over and screw them in, in the option holes. That puts the motors in a more central position which is better for the losi cars. Not sure if you have the new style rear mount or not. If your rear mount has 3 sets of slots for the pegs, you should be able to set it up for the truggy without modification. If you have the older style single slot rear mount, you will have to remove the mount and grind the little peg off of the bottom. This will allow the mount to slide back further. Now what you need to do is use a longer screw and go all the way through the mount and into the post switch where the screw that holds the top down would normally go. Then set the pegs up and you will be good! I got sick of the losi box, and bought 2 ofna truggy boxes. Very happy I did. I was going to mount the ofna motors in the losi box, but decided just to go with 2 ofna boxes. I really don't mind carrying 2 boxes around. And now I will never have a problem starting even my tightest engines!
You said it bro.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
What I did was center the wheel more. There is an extra set of holes in the motor mount. All you have to do is slide the motors over and screw them in, in the option holes. That puts the motors in a more central position which is better for the losi cars.:
that sounds like the ticket bro.....yeah I have the newer style box......thanks Jammin
Old 05-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

that sounds like the ticket bro.....yeah I have the newer style box......thanks Jammin
Glad to help!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

kinda funny hearing stuff like this.....when everyone makes the ofna out to be the be all end all of starter boxes.
It is! Be all, end all! I'm kinda disappointed that you don't agree.

You could paint it and put Losi stickers on it to keep your Moxley
Old 05-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jaz240
It is! Be all, end all! I'm kinda disappointed that you don't agree.

You could paint it and put Losi stickers on it to keep your Moxley

yaya in good time.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

yaya in good time.
LOL..... your such a bobble head man

Put the bobble head guy as your avatar..Instant recognition!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jaz240
LOL..... your such a bobble head man

Put the bobble head guy as your avatar..Instant recognition!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

So all I need is one 14.8v 4000mAh 15C 4-Cell Li-Po Battery to run in the blue ofna starter box. Also can I use my orion carbon lipo charger to charge this pack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.