R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   O.S. Speed owner speak up (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/285591-o-s-speed-owner-speak-up.html)

Zerodefect 09-18-2009 02:34 PM

Do you save your speeds for big races or do you club race with them?

I've seen a few guys now running Speeds at club races on a very slippery track. On a slippery, dusty track, with only 1 stop-15 minute mains, wouldn't it make sense to run a RB Junior 9 or similar?

$450-500 to go clubbing for 10 gallons seems like a waste? I draw the line at $350, but if a Speed could really give me ahuge advantage at big races..... That really isn't the case though. Its really not any better than a +4 or Jx21 or WS9?

The speed IMO is what the Vspec should be, but I guess thats where the Ninja comes in?

Sam-E 09-18-2009 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by crawldad91 (Post 5658044)
my speed has about 4 gallons through it and when cold has good pinch but when it warms up it loses most of it ,makes me worry a little about life expectancy but runs good and cool

You do not need pinch to run, only compression, mechanical pinch will only slow your engine down... if has good compression when warm then it is good, if it still has pinch then it is still not run in.

Frank L 09-21-2009 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zerodefect (Post 6363814)
Do you save your speeds for big races or do you club race with them?

I've seen a few guys now running Speeds at club races on a very slippery track. On a slippery, dusty track, with only 1 stop-15 minute mains, wouldn't it make sense to run a RB Junior 9 or similar?

$450-500 to go clubbing for 10 gallons seems like a waste? I draw the line at $350, but if a Speed could really give me ahuge advantage at big races..... That really isn't the case though. Its really not any better than a +4 or Jx21 or WS9?

The speed IMO is what the Vspec should be, but I guess thats where the Ninja comes in?

The os speed is the ultimate race engine. It balances mileage with top end and tons of bottom end. All that plus the super ohh so smooth powerband that only a speed can deliver. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. Will owning a speed alone make you win more prob not, but if you want the latest and greatest tech packaged into one he'll of an engine then the speed is for you. I was at a 2 day harvest fest this weekend and my pit guy said it best. My buggy is crazy fast. Only a speed will give you crazy fast. :cool:

bigjayjay1 03-07-2010 11:06 AM

whats the difference between the 21J and 21JS carb's I know ones for the world II Im talking about performance / parts.

Frank L 03-07-2010 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 (Post 7102587)
whats the difference between the 21J and 21JS carb's I know ones for the world II Im talking about performance / parts.

I think it might just be where the idle screw is one is below the carb (older version) and the other is above the carb, for easier adjustment.

Sam-E 03-07-2010 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6375317)
The os speed is the ultimate race engine. It balances mileage with top end and tons of bottom end. All that plus the super ohh so smooth powerband that only a speed can deliver. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. Will owning a speed alone make you win more prob not, but if you want the latest and greatest tech packaged into one he'll of an engine then the speed is for you. I was at a 2 day harvest fest this weekend and my pit guy said it best. My buggy is crazy fast. Only a speed will give you crazy fast. :cool:

This is one of the funiest post I have ever read, OS should use it as an add for their engine!!!

JAMMINKRAZY 03-07-2010 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 (Post 7102587)

The only difference I know of is the aluminum carb insert. Other than that the two carbs are exactly the same. They both have the updated idle location and use the same carb body. I think the S is just to indicate it is for the speed engine. Even the body on the 21JS just has 21J molded into it. So yeah, there is no difference.;)

bigjayjay1 03-07-2010 12:37 PM

Thanks everyone