R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   LOSI 8 2.0 RTR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/285290-losi-8-2-0-rtr.html)

JBURCH 03-26-2009 11:57 AM

LOSI 8 2.0 RTR

Losi does it again, a cool looking RTR with a DX3S controller and even included starter box. What will they come up with next? Great job gentlemen. Check horizons site or neo buggy for more info, looks like the newbies have an even better choice for a RTR.

Lars Johnson 03-26-2009 12:09 PM

8IGHT 2.0 4WD RTR

Losi’s 1/8-scale 8IGHT 2.0 Ready-to-Run Nitro Buggy makes it easier than ever for nearly anyone to experience the excitement of driving a 1/8-scale buggy or get into off-road 1/8-scale competitive racing. Designed with the entry-level racer in mind, the 8IGHT 2.0 RTR is completely assembled and ready-to-run with the chassis, wheels, tires and electronics already installed.

The installed Losi 350 engine provides an optimum amount of power for the 8IGHT 2.0 RTR buggy, whether dominating a race or just bashing in the backyard. This potent .21-sized performance engine is specifically built for 1/8-scale off-road buggies and legal for sanctioned racing worldwide. A tuned pipe is also included for outstanding performance from the first time the engine is fired up.

The included Spektrum DX3S 3-Channel sport radio system with 2.4GHz DSM technology lets 8IGHT 2.0 RTR drivers and racers experience the next level in precise control, while offering the added benefit of integrated telemetry. The addition of integrated telemetry gives any user real time information such as head temperature, speed in mph/rpm and voltage information. Plus, Spektrum’s exclusive 2.4GHz DSM technology provides an interference-free signal so you can run your 8IGHT 2.0 RTR anywhere without worry.

The 8IGHT 2.0 RTR features an extended-length chassis for unmatched performance and stability, which will be appreciated by novice and experienced users alike. Heavy-duty silicone filled differential cases in the front, rear and center of the vehicle help to increase the driveline durability. A Sure-Close fuel tank ensures positive, automatic closure after every fill-up, and the pull-handle tank lid makes fill-ups on the go even faster. The 8IGHT 2.0 RTR also features large, race inspired heavy-duty brake disks, which will consistently slow down the buggy when needed, even after accelerating to full speed.

In addition to its long list of performance-driven features, the 8IGHT 2.0 RTR also offers bashers and racers great looks. The 4mm thick chassis, shock towers, wheel hexes and wheel nuts have been anodized blue for a stylish, custom look. The pre-painted and fully decorated body offers a race-inspired scheme designed to match the blue anodized chassis.

The 8IGHT 2.0 RTR includes a Starter Box for simple starting time after time. Anodized blue to match the chassis of the 8IGHT 2.0 RTR, the starter box not only looks good but is designed with a powerful 775-sized motor to crank over the 350 Engine time after time with minimal effort.

Features:

* Designed with the entry-level racer in mind, the 8IGHT 2.0 RTR is completely assembled and ready-to-run with the chassis, wheels, tires and electronics already installed
* The installed Losi 350 .21-sized performance engine is specifically built for a 1/8-scale off-road buggy and provides an optimal amount of power
* The included Spektrum DX3S 3-channel sport radio system with 2.4GHz DSM technology offers precise control plus the added benefit of integrated telemetry
* The 8IGHT 2.0 RTR includes a Starter Box for simple starting time after time
* The extended-length chassis offers unmatched performance and stability that will be appreciated by novice and expert drivers alike
* A high-capacity 1400mAh NiMH receiver battery is included to ensure longer running times and plenty of power
* Heavy-duty silicone filled differential cases in the front, rear and center increase the driveline durability
* The Sure-Close fuel tank is designed for automatic, positive closure and the pull-handle on the lid offers added convenience
* Large, race inspired heavy-duty brake disks will consistently slow down the 8IGHT 2.0 RTR when needed, even after accelerating to full speed
* The 4mm thick chassis, shock towers, wheel hexes and wheels nuts have been anodized blue for a stylish custom look
* The pre-painted, fully decorated body boasts a custom look with its race inspired scheme designed to match the color anodized chassis

DustnF 03-26-2009 12:35 PM

That is incredible for an RTR. I am afraid to know the price though.

slaytanic 03-26-2009 12:41 PM

WOW that has to be the best RTR setup ever. Unbelievably complete. Too bad I wont own a losi! LOL.

All kidding aside it is hard to compete with that. They are using good volume to leverage a great package at a good price. These things will be EVERYWHERE in short order. This should force the rest to step up the game.

699$

Tony899 03-26-2009 01:03 PM

How do they fit the rpm sensor on the 8ight? I have the original 8ight and the DX3S and I haven't been able to find a way to mount that sensor to make it work. It doesn't fit on the right side of engine since the center diff and brakes are in the way and it doesn't fit on the left side since the flywheel is so small.

Jaz240 03-26-2009 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by slaytanic (Post 5601965)
WOW that has to be the best RTR setup ever. Unbelievably complete. Too bad I wont own a losi! LOL.

All kidding aside it is hard to compete with that. They are using good volume to leverage a great package at a good price. These things will be EVERYWHERE in short order. This should force the rest to step up the game.

699$

I wont own a Losi either, but damn that's an awesome deal for a RTR. DX3S radio and a starter box! WOW...if it has 4 clutch shoes and the milled chassis (unlike the 1.0 RTR) it will take over the market as the Only worthy RTR buggy

RacerScott 03-26-2009 03:12 PM

Anyone know where to get that fuel tank pull that comes on the 2.0 RTR. Ive seen the Losi team use ones just like those but there are yellow.

[email protected] 03-26-2009 03:17 PM

Damn I just got a losi 1.0 setup but I kind of wish I waited for this. That is a great deal. Any word on how good the engine will be and when these will be available?

JAMMINKRAZY 03-26-2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 5602517)
Damn I just got a losi 1.0 setup but I kind of wish I waited for this. That is a great deal. Any word on how good the engine will be and when these will be available?

Well the engine should be pretty good. My guess similar to the mach 427 engines that they used to come with preformance and reliability wise, but race legal .21 size. they should also get much better milage. should be a very good budget/RTR engine.

As for availability I would say late april/early may. Horizon claims late april.:nod:

yeaklet4 03-26-2009 03:37 PM

so the price will be around 699 is that right also whats the big diff from the non rtr buggy wise

JBURCH 03-26-2009 03:43 PM

This one comes with engine and electronics and a starter box. As far as the difference in the buggies themselves I dont know till I see one. I have seen the chassis and the shock towers are all anodized blue

yeaklet4 03-26-2009 03:48 PM

wow i bet they sell the hell out of these heck i will be getting one. how much is the 2.0 non rtr

JAMMINKRAZY 03-26-2009 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by yeaklet4 (Post 5602580)
so the price will be around 699 is that right also whats the big diff from the non rtr buggy wise

yup 699 is losi/horizon's price. Will probably actually be like $650 when at the stores.

The main visible differences are the chassis, shock towers and shock caps. Other than that probably some of the other RTR stuff like non coated shock shafts and hinge pins but that stuff really doesn't matter. You can also see that the toe blocks are not annodized but again no biggie. It also says it comes with the HD diff cases, where the roller has the new updated design all plastic cases. Clutch may be different too. I know the 1.0 RTR only had 2 clutch shoes, hopefully they got rid of that BS with this one. Overall it looks like a bangin setup.:nod:

[email protected] 03-26-2009 04:14 PM

Servos junk you think??

tschenck 03-26-2009 04:32 PM

a-main already has them listed for $649