new 1/8 hyper 7, i need help!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new 1/8 hyper 7, i need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Location: I live in the middle of nowhere. A place where we have roughly 0 nitro tracks, on or off road. All we have is flat grass and open corn fields, sometimes it's not even fun to bash there anymore.
Default new 1/8 hyper 7, i need help!!

i just bought it and it has a pull starter, i put after run oil and pulled on it for a while to loosen it up, then i washed that out with fuel, then i filled it up and put the glow starter and pulled for a long ass time and it will not start, is there something i should know, i have never had a pull starter, and i dont have access to a starter box i need some help
Old 03-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

did you prime the engine? Do you know how? Is your glow starter charged? New battery? Is the glow plug good?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Location: I live in the middle of nowhere. A place where we have roughly 0 nitro tracks, on or off road. All we have is flat grass and open corn fields, sometimes it's not even fun to bash there anymore.

i primed it, the batteries are brand new, the whole car is brand new for that matter, the glow plug is fully charged, i filled the tank, and theres nothing, doents even sound throaty like they usually do when you get it starting but it doesnt all the way, you know what i'm talking about
Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yes I do..Prime it more..watch the fuel enter the carb, and then pull the cord 5 more times
Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

prime it good. i pull the fuel tubing off the exhaust and blow into the hose to prime my car most of the time. i just find it the easiest way. give it a little bit of throttle when starting it too.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New mill? Could be the idle screw is set to far open. Turn it out a little. Also get a chunk of 4x4 wood to start on. Let the wheels be free. Also, pull the plug and put a rag over it and pull a few times to maybe clear it out some. Still no go? Take to the track and the people there will get you going and help you with break-in.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just like JAZ is saying prime it really good. I went through this same problem and here is what worked for me.

Flood it to the point where it vapor locks the engine by covering the stinger with your finger while pulling several times. Pull the glow plug out and turn the car over and let it drain out. You may have to pull on the pull start while its upside down to unlock the engine to get all of the fuel out of the engine.

You should see some fuel dripping from the engine. Clean the plug carefully and put it back on. Put your glow plug on and give it a pull. No need to prime at this point cause fuel is in the engine.

It should start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the most part my sons hyper 7 starts on one or two pulls now.

This is what worked for me after trying dozens of diffrent things. Its not the best way but it worked for me.