R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   how reliable is ebay??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/283947-how-reliable-ebay.html)

dreaux 03-21-2009 06:16 PM

how reliable is ebay???

i was looking for parts on ebay and they have whole diff sets, chasses, body's, shock sets, etc for dirt cheep!!!!

Is this too good to be true???

RGraves 03-21-2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by dreaux (Post 5579501)
i was looking for parts on ebay and they have whole diff sets, chasses, body's, shock sets, etc for dirt cheep!!!!

Is this too good to be true???

Depends, make sure you always check the sellers feedback. I buy and sell stuff on there all the time, I have really never had an issue

RCARR53 03-21-2009 06:29 PM

NO, I BUY PROBABLY 80% OF MY SPARE PARTS OFF OF EBAY!! A LOT OF PARTS ARE TAKEN RIGHT OUT OF THE KIT, ADD UP WHAT IT WOULD COST TO LETS SAY OVERHAUL A DIFF COMPLETLY, IN MY CASE IT WOULD COST ROUGHLY $80-$90 BUCKS, I BUY A COMPLETE DIFF FROM RCPARTS STORE ON EBAY FOR $35 BUCKS, AND IF YOU NEED IT NOW AND DON'T WANT TO BID, A LOT OF STORES HAVE THE BUY IT NOW OPTION WHICH IS STILL PRETTY DAMN CHEAP. ITS THE WAY TO GO UNLESS YOUR A SPONSERED DRIVER AND GET YOUR PARTS, TIRES, MOTORS ECT FOR A HUGE DISCOUNT OR FREE.

junier00 03-21-2009 06:30 PM

It's been reliable for me except for used engines. Usually they lie about how much it's been used and it's sold as is so there's nothing to be done about it. I should have known better, but I was just getting into nitro rc. Everything else has been good though, as long as the feedback is ok.

Integra 03-21-2009 06:34 PM

ebay is awesome for parts shopping...but like RGraves mentioned double check the seller's feedback and you should be very happy with your purchase....just be careful to not get caught up in the whole bidding thing and go over retail which ive seen Oh soo many times.....makes me laugh. :lol:

Breakin2 03-21-2009 06:50 PM

Each indivdual seller is different. Generally speaking, if a seller is 99% or so, there's not going to be any problems.

houston 03-21-2009 06:51 PM

i would say do not buy used engines from ebay unless you plan on just buying them for a part or two that might be useable from that particular engine . ;)

pdmustgt 03-21-2009 09:00 PM

Seller feedback don't always mean alot. I know one that has great feedback but will rip you off. This guy has changed there seller name many times. You want to know the kicker part the A-hole is a Miami Dade County deputy Sheriff in Florida.

It's a crap shoot when dealing with someone across the internet and taking what they are selling is true. Maybe 80% are truthful and relieable sellers

gotspeed_2000 03-21-2009 09:04 PM

Yup, for the most part, don't buy used motors off ebay cause they are usually a big gamble as to the condition they are in. You gotta look at them, do research and even then it's still a gamble. For spares, there are a few ebay sellers that open up kits and sell the parts seperately. I buy a bunch of stuff to replace parts for the kits I run and save a bunch of money. Make sure they combine shipping to increase your savings too. Ebay is always a risk, but with some sellers the risk is minimal.

steve307b 03-21-2009 09:20 PM

Pretty much every RC part I have is from ebay. Truggy, starter box, servos, all extra parts, everything and never any problems, but yes always check their feedback.