Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Old-school buggy on my hands, want to restore. >

Old-school buggy on my hands, want to restore.

Old-school buggy on my hands, want to restore.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:24 AM
SPO
Tech Regular

Default Old-school buggy on my hands, want to restore.

Hey all, I haven't been here in probably 2 years, everything is new

Anyway, a couple years ago, my uncle gave me his old Kyosho 'Wildcat' (is what he thinks it's called) and said if you can get it running, it's yours. Well, now that I have a steady income and can actually afford to buy things, I want to restore it. It's in pretty decent condition, except it's just old and falling apart. If anyone knows anything about these, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. It's all metal so I already have the frame and body ready for a new coat of paint, but I'm not going to do that if it's a waste of time. It has sentimental value, because I remember drivin this thing when I was like 5, so if it's possible at all, I'm going to do it.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

If you have any part numbers, try
www.shopkyosho.com

If not, just call Kyosho 949-454-8854 They are usually helpful. But that buggy is seriously old and discontinued. I'd be shocked if they could get you parts. If you don't have a manual they may be willing to e-mail you a scanned one if they have it. If it's something old and simple like a manual you usually just have to ask nicely if they have a copy and they will send it. If they don't have parts they sometimes have good advice though. I would start there Monday morning before I spent much time anywhere else.

I googled Kyosho Wildcat and saw a lot of hits but I'm at home right now on a very slooow connection so you need to do that one on your own! There are many vintage RC sites and maybe you'll make a connection to someone that has some parts to sell.

Good luck!
Old 03-22-2009, 01:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

EBAY
Old 03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
SPO
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bjr48
If you have any part numbers, try
www.shopkyosho.com

If not, just call Kyosho 949-454-8854 They are usually helpful. But that buggy is seriously old and discontinued. I'd be shocked if they could get you parts. If you don't have a manual they may be willing to e-mail you a scanned one if they have it. If it's something old and simple like a manual you usually just have to ask nicely if they have a copy and they will send it. If they don't have parts they sometimes have good advice though. I would start there Monday morning before I spent much time anywhere else.

I googled Kyosho Wildcat and saw a lot of hits but I'm at home right now on a very slooow connection so you need to do that one on your own! There are many vintage RC sites and maybe you'll make a connection to someone that has some parts to sell.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot, I'll do that tomorrow after school. Once I get the booklet, I think I should be able to find parts. Miscellaneous parts that aren't in the drivetrain I can get at work and I need to get all new electronics but if I get the motor running, I should be fine.