Wiki Posts
Search

Another servo in this losi

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Another servo in this losi

what am i doing wrong? ive got the linkage all straight, ive got my epa's set, i have the rubber grommet on the rear bolt of the radio tray, but today when i was running in my motor, it decided to go, it would move every now and then, but then it got slower, and now it just doesent work anymore, and i saw that it was getting hot too.

any ideas?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TTR:EB4
what am i doing wrong? ive got the linkage all straight, ive got my epa's set, i have the rubber grommet on the rear bolt of the radio tray, but today when i was running in my motor, it decided to go, it would move every now and then, but then it got slower, and now it just doesent work anymore, and i saw that it was getting hot too.

any ideas?
make sure the carb isnt at too much of an angle, if your running a rubber band make sure its perfectly level with the linkage as well, POST PICS
Old 03-20-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Pics....
im running a Spektrum dx3.0 with a pro reveiver
i also noticed the receiver felt a tad hot (warm)
Attached Thumbnails Another servo in this losi-linkage-setup-001.jpg   Another servo in this losi-linkage-setup-002.jpg   Another servo in this losi-linkage-setup-003.jpg  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pics....
im running a Spektrum dx3.0 with a pro reveiver
i also noticed the receiver felt a tad hot (warm)
Looks like your carb is not at the right angle to me.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The only thing I notice is that you have a little short spring on your linkage. Is that bottoming out when you apply your brake? If so, you may be overloading your servo when applying the brakes, and smoking your servo.

I had the 1.0 , and the spring was much longer, and had to make sure that this didnt bottom out when braking. Is this a 2.0 8B? Stock linkage?
Old 03-20-2009, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by itsshemp
The only thing I notice is that you have a little short spring on your linkage. Is that bottoming out when you apply your brake? If so, you may be overloading your servo when applying the brakes, and smoking your servo.

I had the 1.0 , and the spring was much longer, and had to make sure that this didnt bottom out when braking. Is this a 2.0 8B? Stock linkage?
its the 1.0, and to keep the horn in allignment with the servo i have to have a short spring, ive got the epa set so the servo doesent take up the whole spring, only about a 1/4 to a 1/2 of it it taken up, but i was mucking around with my radio today also, and i had no epa on the brakes while i was putting around the backyard (breaking in) but i hardly used the brakes, 3 times at the most, do you have a pic of a 1.0's linkage setup so i can try and copy it?
cheers
Old 03-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The only difference I see in your linkage is that you have a collar in front of the spring. I have a washer there instead, I think this might be the reason you cannot fit the longer losi spring.

I'm having the same issues with my buggy, I have all the linkages and epas set right and still blow servos every time I'm at the track. I'm going to the track today, I reset everything added the o ring and a softer spring... Hopefully this will solve the prob.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i am having a issue with the steering servo's in mine
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Just put the 2.0 tray on it and linkage
Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Just put the 2.0 tray on it and linkage
doesent the 2.0 have a longer chassis?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any ideas?
This is what happen to my (Airtronics 94357) servo about 2 weeks ago. I had the epa set right, but I didnt have any spacers to elevate the throttle servo so it was hitting the chassis on hard landings. I was using 1/10 scake red shokc o rings, and those torn apart. Now im using 1/8th o rings, with a couple misc spacers to elevate the throttle servo and it works fine. About the actual servo, everyone thought it was a servo motor. Stupiddly, I rushed down to Hobby people (they sell airtronics) and I got it sent to Airtronics. I put in a JR Z590M (metal, no ball bearings, 90oz, .15) and I could barely tell the difference and I think im going to just run the z590M from now on.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

doesent the 2.0 have a longer chassis?
Yes but the tray is the same length. Think about it...
Why would the tray need to be longer?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I would definitly run the losi spring on the linkage, you want more spring to take the pressure when applying brakes, also, i see you have a differrent servo horn, check height dirrerences between the one you use and the one that comes with the car... last thin, i got the king headz servo plate stiffner, for 16 bux.. best theng to get.. makes a Huge Difference..
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What servo are you running? If its a Hitec 645MG throw that thing as far as you can and get a better servo. Also use the losi servo arm, makes setting up the throttle and brakes alot faster.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
What servo are you running? If its a Hitec 645MG throw that thing as far as you can and get a better servo. Also use the losi servo arm, makes setting up the throttle and brakes a lot faster.
+1, low-tech servos burn up sitting in a drawer by themselves. try running with no brake spring and just use 3 small hair rubberbands around the carb, and NO rear tray screw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.