Community
Wiki Posts
Search

servos help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default servos help

I am building a truggy to race and I need to know what is the min. power for steering and throttle do I need.

thanks
Old 03-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

200 in/oz is what I look at as minimum for a truggy. 150 is probably enough, for most truggies if it's a high quallity servo. For steering anyway.

Last edited by John Schafer; 03-21-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For ultimate control and speed, I'd get a steering servo for a truggy with around 300oz of torque. Hitec makes some good servos with excellent warranties in this torque range. For throttle, that's one area where you don't need a ton of torque so I usually will go with a higher quality servo that I trust. I use futaba servos for throttle control. I've seen guys skimp on throttle servos only to have them burn out and leave the throttle wide open on their big money motors. For throttle servos, you'd want something with some speed, with around 100-200oz of torque with speed being the more important factor.