Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ace 1015 issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ace 1015 issue

Hi, I need to ask a question for the more experenced.I have a couple of ace 1015 servos and one (throttle) keeps twitching.Ive had it for a while.I thought It might be the bind i did for my new car because I dont think it was doing it on the old car.
I put it in another car and its still twitching with a different reciever.I tried binding it 5-6 times and it wont stop It even does it plugging it into the steering port.The wireing looks ok and the bottom of the circuit board looks good.
Has anyone experenced this and no how to fix it of is the servo all over?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:46 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

check all the gears. one may be starting to wear and causing slop. the slop will cause it to constantly correct itself.

i also found that the very last gear which is plastic can wear quickly sometimes
Old 03-17-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The pot is dead...
Old 03-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Initiate

All gears look good.and horn turns smoothly.Its not a constant twitch.When i was setting it up on the new car apart from the twitching it forgot its preset settings a couple of times.but in the old car it apears to just twitch where its the only servo that does even after swapping some around.I dont think its the radio because its spektrum.

Does the servo have a memory circuit in it or is that all radio?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default top of the case

the plastic top case is where the play is coming from.when ever the little gear post have play in them the servoo is constantly looking for center.8.00 at a main,problom solved.the new case has metal bushing in them so it should last.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smash8ight
the plastic top case is where the play is coming from.when ever the little gear post have play in them the servoo is constantly looking for center.8.00 at a main,problom solved.the new case has metal bushing in them so it should last.
this is it, replacing the case gets rid of it 99.9% of the time
Old 03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Lord

another reason i wont trust Ace/Ae servo's EVER again on my race rigs.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It could also be the gears inside. If it has some time on it, you may want to rotate the gears. This way it has fresh gear on fresh gear and takes the slop/twitch out of it.

Any servo will do this after some time. Any experienced RC person will know this. And it is a piece of electronics, sometimes the servo's just puke out.

I have an Ace servo, a 1015, that has 2 1/2 years of 1/8 buggy on it. It's now in my crawler and still holding up. It's been in my crawler for almost a year now. Some people will like certain things, some people won't. I will never trust a hitec servo in my rigs again for steering or throttle. Some people will never like the Ace/AE stuff? Anything wrong with either of them? No. Just different opinions.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
another reason i wont trust Ace/Ae servo's EVER again on my race rigs.
the cases have been upgraded, the gear pins used to go straight into plastic, now they seat into bronze bushings and are every bit as reliable as other servos
Old 03-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BIG RE
the cases have been upgraded, the gear pins used to go straight into plastic, now they seat into bronze bushings and are every bit as reliable as other servos

still wont trust them...ive seen JR's which are brass retained and they still did the same thing....i have yett to see a Hitec Ti gear set or Top case fail.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
still wont trust them...ive seen JR's which are brass retained and they still did the same thing....i have yett to see a Hitec Ti gear set or Top case fail.
JR's are pieces of crap, I'm with you there, every one that I have ever had, or seen other people have, had issues. But, almost everyone here who has had Hitec's (although not many of the new ones because nobody trusts them anymore)burned up the circuit board and had runaways. My first choice is Futaba, but with the new cases I think the ace servos are just fine.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BIG RE
JR's are pieces of crap, I'm with you there, every one that I have ever had, or seen other people have, had issues. But, almost everyone here who has had Hitec's (although not many of the new ones because nobody trusts them anymore)burned up the circuit board and had runaways. My first choice is Futaba, but with the new cases I think the ace servos are just fine.

i have never seen a 5955 or 79XX fail to date.....i was screwing around with the Ace's when Hitec was having issues with their original boards in the 5955's....and i jumped on board with hitec after i couldn't keep a gear set in the Ace's and Magically a 5955 puts up with it where the ace was failing one after another...I do have a total of 6 1015's btw and i just dont trust them in my race gear anymore..bashers Sure...i got all the time in the world to change out junk on my Own time.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

And yet I can keep an original Ace 1015 for this long? Let me guess Nick, you drive Losi's?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
And yet I can keep an original Ace 1015 for this long? Let me guess Nick, you drive Losi's?

Common Scott you should know that.

they actually started to fail at the 06 nats in my CRT..so the losi's are moot point
Old 03-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

So, if I understand correctly, the new Ace servos now come with the upgraded cases? I'm getting one shortly and want to be sure I don't need to purchase the upgraded case as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.