R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   T-Maxx3.3 or Revo3.3? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/282271-t-maxx3-3-revo3-3-a.html)

snipe75 03-12-2009 08:12 AM

T-Maxx3.3 or Revo3.3?

Hello,

I'm looking to buy myself a nitro RC car and I've been looking at the T-Maxx and the Revo. I'm still a kid and don't have much money so I'm leaning to a T-Maxx - now, there's no track nearby and I'll only be bashing - the T-Maxx looks better to me and is cheaper, so the question is DURABILITY- should I spit out a few more euros or just get a tmaxx ?

Next, I'm 13 years old and my dad isn't really too happy with RC- Do you think I could take care of it well enough ?
Thanks

kasarn 03-12-2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by snipe75 (Post 5542962)
Hello,

I'm looking to buy myself a nitro RC car and I've been looking at the T-Maxx and the Revo. I'm still a kid and don't have much money so I'm leaning to a T-Maxx - now, there's no track nearby and I'll only be bashing - the T-Maxx looks better to me and is cheaper, so the question is DURABILITY- should I spit out a few more euros or just get a tmaxx ?

Next, I'm 13 years old and my dad isn't really too happy with RC- Do you think I could take care of it well enough ?
Thanks

The T Maxx will cost more in the long run. Bulkheads and shock towers. Go for the Revo, its set up quite good out the box for a RTR. I have 2 T Maxx's and 2 Revo's. So I'm not talking about what I heard. I'm talking from experience. So IMO the Revo would suit you better.
T Maxx 3.3
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t/100_0022.jpg
Stock Revo
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t/100_0017.jpg
My other REVO
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t/100_0001.jpg

markr04 03-12-2009 09:10 AM

^ what he said.

Plus, if you ever do get to an offroad track, the Revo can actually be raced. It's pretty much a truggy, which is a popular class in racing.

snipe75 03-12-2009 11:00 AM

Ty, I'll try to convince my parents.

Btw you guys must be really happy to have so many cars

Now, do I need anything else than a few glow plugs and some batteries for the transmitter ?

kasarn 03-12-2009 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by snipe75 (Post 5543637)
Ty, I'll try to convince my parents.

Btw you guys must be really happy to have so many cars

Now, do I need anything else than a few glow plugs and some batteries for the transmitter ?

Do yourself a favor and pick up some rechargable batteries at walmart. :cool:

snipe75 03-12-2009 11:36 AM

Do you happen to know how much horsepower it has and how much fuel does it take in about an hour ? My brother tells me I shouldn't buy nitro and if I do I'll bankrupt because of fuel costs.

scout67 03-12-2009 01:21 PM

If I were you I would buy a Slash, battery and charger. The gas powered cars are great but at 13 years old I worry that you may not be able to keep the truck going in the long run unless you know someone who can help you out. I have a Slash and for bashing it is great. My .02$

markr04 03-12-2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by snipe75 (Post 5543737)
Do you happen to know how much horsepower it has and how much fuel does it take in about an hour ? My brother tells me I shouldn't buy nitro and if I do I'll bankrupt because of fuel costs.

Fuel is pretty expensive for a 13 year-old's budget... it's $25 - $30 a gallon. You can go through a gallon in a day if you play a lot with it.

Yeah, maybe an E-Maxx, E-Revo, or Slash would be better. Electric has come a loooong way since the early days. These electric cars are far different than the Rat Shack cars you may have played with in the past.

snipe75 03-13-2009 06:17 AM

My brother's got an electric car so I want a nitro one.
I think my dad can help me out like he does with our electrical car. About buying nitro I don't really think I'd play with it more than a hour at max, when (and if) I buy revo, I'll have about 300€ left
But im afraid what will happen when the engine dies out...

snipe75 03-13-2009 10:37 AM

Hey I just found out theres a HPI Racing Savage X 4.6 GT Truck B RTR for only 490€ (the revo is 610€ which is about 785$) and with all the accessories it should come a lil bit lower than 520 €

However it seems a little weird cause i thought other savage trucks were more expensive... Should I buy that one instead ?
It says i only need fuel, glow starter and radio batteries ...
The forum won't let me post url

Edit it seems i posted too early and its not that good...

murdermode 03-13-2009 11:45 AM

well in my opinion, you should go with the t-maxx if your bashing. there's no need to spend more money just to break a revo in your back yard. i mean if you aren't racing it why buy the revo, but on the other hand the revo is much more durable and hardly ever breaks. but i think if you want to go nitro start small because you will, and i promise you this, you will destroy your first engine trying to keep it going. you should start with a nitro sport or something of that nature maybe a rustler or evader or something with cheaper parts and less speed so you don't go 45 mph into a pole and destroy it. i've had a nitro sport for 2 years and i still run the original engine in it, i destroyed it at first and had to rebuild it, now it runs great and i drive it just about everyday. believe me you need to start small or you're wasting your money.

Evolrider 03-13-2009 11:58 AM

The first RC I purchased was a t-maxx and it worked ok out of the box and durability was fine until... I started upgrading parts on it. Now, I can not take this truck out without something breaking. I regret buying this over any of the 10 RC's I have now. I will say I did buy a Slash and was very hesitant over it but have a blast with it! There are about 5 of us that race and bash the crap out of these and have yet to see anybody break anything on them plus they are cheap to get into. Being 13 and not really know how to work on the nitro engines I would strongly recommend going with the slash, save yourself the headaches.

snipe75 03-16-2009 01:59 PM

Sorry to annoy you again, but is Hobao Hyper 7 Black edition or whatever any good ? Its only 340 € and alot cheaper than both tmaxx and revo

L Millo 03-16-2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by snipe75 (Post 5542962)
Hello,

Thanks

Hey Buddy, I have a Tmaxx and an Emaxx aswell, and I love them both, they are both good trucks, the Emaxx is alot easier to take care of for sure, traxxas makes both T/Emaxx and Revo and E-revo but it is still up to you,

And if you like something you will take care of it.:nod:

school boy 03-18-2009 07:10 PM

i bought my first rc when i was 13 and it was a 1st gen t maxx. i did destroy my 1st engine. i may ran a gallon through it and then sat in the garage until a year ago( was 20). i love it now but know about nitro better too. buy used ffor your 1st rc so if you lose interest you aint out much money. also buy electric, its easy to mantain. this is just my .02$> STICK WITH THIS RC SITE. it contains great info