Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Help, dirt got in my engine >

Help, dirt got in my engine

Help, dirt got in my engine

Old 03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
oh wow.....those are extreme conditions man, that dirt is like a fine powder......YOU MUST be dialed in the airfilter area when running in conditions like that.......from here on out, MAKE SURE the filter is oiled well, OUTER AND INNER, and you should replace probably after each day of running in places like that.......dont even bother attempting to clean them, just toss them in garbage and replace with fresh assembly......cheers!
So I've found out
Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
oh wow.....those are extreme conditions man, that dirt is like a fine powder......YOU MUST be dialed in the airfilter area when running in conditions like that.......from here on out, MAKE SURE the filter is oiled well, OUTER AND INNER, and you should replace probably after each day of running in places like that.......dont even bother attempting to clean them, just toss them in garbage and replace with fresh assembly......cheers!
We have terrible dust, I have to replace the outer 3-4x per day, the inner is always clean though. Motorex filter oil FTW!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:49 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

an OS-piped VG can win at NRC anyday.

hope u find work. nitro isnt cheap. nor is electric. and they both pale in comparison to a kid...

R
Old 03-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mfrosty
Trust me, I'd love to try one, and if things were a little different I probably would. I just can't put down $400+ on a new engine and pipe right now. That may change next week, but it might not change until next month. This county's in such a mess right now you never know. Ahh well what can you do??
Really???? I know people switching and finding new jobs bro, I mean if you spent as much time filling out applications and sending out resumes as you did worrynig about this golden mill you'd probably have a job homie.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hitman Racing 1
Really???? I know people switching and finding new jobs bro, I mean if you spent as much time filling out applications and sending out resumes as you did worrying about this golden mill you'd probably have a job homie.
Do you know how much time I spend searching for jobs on a daily basis? Of course you don't. Comments like that can only make someone look stupid. So think twice before you start to call my character or motivation into question like so many of you pricks have done in this thread. I think I've kept my cool but enough is enough. This thread isn't about my fucking job search or how I'm going to pay my bills, trust me all that's taken care of. I've somehow managed to raise 2 kids and provide for my family for the last 10 years, so to all of you (and you know who you are) just keep your comments related to the thread or keep them to yourself.

I mean christ, I only got laid off a week ago
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

I been reading this thread from the beginning. Frosty if I was you I find other people to talk too. This is bash central. We already know he has no job or funds to fix motor. We know its he's fault. How many times do we have to here this. The guy is know and asking for advice. Why does he have to take all the shots. Unless your in his shoes, in his town , you shouldnt bash him. Yeah we might do things different but thats why we're all different. Give the guy advice. Like recommending outer wear for the filter or show him were to get a piston and sleeve. Everyone has did something stupid. We live and learn. I'm not taking shots just wish you guy were a little positive.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Initiate

mfrosty, Ill try to keep my post on topic. I just replaced my blown OS.28 so I feel your pain. I do agree that the package has horrible labeling and see how some could make the mistake of buying it thinking its inners and outers (including myself). I think though I would of stopped myself once I had to cut the inner filter to make it fit (being a solid piece). Did you question it at all why you had to take that step? Just courious. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Christmas at my house today :D

So not only did my new MM5 7 port show up today along with the new P/S/R for my 5 port, but I got another unexpected package from PSR! I take back anything bad I said about them.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

cool man......good for you
Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i didn't read the whole thread but feel your pain man! hopefully everything work's itself out for you

did PSR send you a replacement motor and filter's due to bad filter design? if so that is AWESOME support and he/they should be commended for it!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did they provide instructions this time

just giving you a hard time man. We've all made our mistakes in this hobby, its companies like PSR that keep us in it
Old 04-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by madmaxx
i didn't read the whole thread but feel your pain man! hopefully everything work's itself out for you

did PSR send you a replacement motor and filter's due to bad filter design? if so that is AWESOME support and he/they should be commended for it!
I wish! I bought the GO stuff from Massive Mods, PSR sent me two packs of RC8 inner and outer filters w/oil and the decal sheets.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

nice mill man, how'd the interview go today?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

am I reading this right ? you are telling him to clean it up and sell it like new. I'll make sure I dont ever buy from you.
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Clean it up and sell it on here "like new".

A guy at my local track had this happen with his RC8 air cleaner a couple of weeks ago, destroyed his engine.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by roadracer43
am I reading this right ? you are telling him to clean it up and sell it like new. I'll make sure I dont ever buy from you.

LOL he was joking bud chill

I wouldn't do that. It's all about to go back to PTM for some new ceramics, and to have Brian re-build and re-mod the new P/S/R

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.