Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho st-rr and mp9 research..

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

hello jaf..

Thanks for the invitation...this weekend i have a bit more time i guess but i ll have to see if am able to find my way there and the way to come back..

i havent used my st-rr ever seriously and i had a lot of problems from day one since i bought it used from ebay...

i have changed a lot of things on it and now i need to make the setup..
as for the fron c hubs and knuckles.. you were right..the wholw system is the jammin system that i have on my st-rr and the c hubs have 24 degrees caster and i have only on power steering and no off power steering at all..

what i want from my car is to have a lot of steering but at the same time rear traction and stability..also i need it to have accelaration for the jumps but at the same time some top end..the engine am using is the os 28..the clutchbell is 15 tooth..as for oils in the shocks i havent checked..

i also have a bce chassis but it is the older version that was used by the st-r..is not for the st-rr..the track i run on is usually in cyprus but that happens and happened very few times as when they first started the national racing of truggys and buggys in Cyprus i left for university..and everytime i go back for holidays i go to the races..

the tracks now are these two below..the one is now down to be rebuild..

http://multicyprus.com/radiocontrol/...-buggy-champs/

http://multicyprus.com/radiocontrol/...-2009-edition/

as you can see the sand the use is the same but i dont know what type of sand is..
Old 03-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

I have had the problem with the rear bulkhead, just have to tear down and add shims if it gets a lil sloppy. I boil the front ams when we run in the cold.
Other than that no problems
Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I also use the red mobil 1 grease, never used anything different so maybe thats also why I have never had a diff case issue in either car.

The 24 degree blocks are some of your off power steering woes...I run the 20 degree blocks. Also, run the 11mm front hubs with the yellow front shock springs. if you dont have enough steering with that settup, no truggy on the planet will have enough for you

For rear traction, run the 3/3 blocks with hubs forward, outer hingepin in the bottom hub hole.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

ridley what are the 11mm front hubs? sorry for my stupid question but i dont get it
Old 03-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

rcgeezer,

Apply alot not a ton. I "double bead" the whole ring gear with my GMK Supply Mobil 1 syringe. The grease will sling off but there is enough in there at this point that some of the bumps and jumps will drip some here and there. The main thing is that its on there in the first place.

didrace,

The front 11mm hubs mentioned are the wheel extenders used to space the track width out.

Kyosho owners, If you EVER have a question about set up, tuning etc email me at [email protected]. As soon as I can get back to you I will. I'm not the end all/ know it all but I will do my best and if I dont know the answer I will find out or steer you in the right direction.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Racecrafter u have a pm
Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Answered.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

a boring reply racecrafter
Old 03-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

LOL!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Racecrafter i mean my reply to you is boring not yours..

check your pm!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Not boring at all.

I appreciate your reply.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry for the delay in replying - was busy getting the car ready for the last round of Slough's Winter Series...

The OS 28 is supposed to be a bit of an animal....personally I'd prefer a decent .21 over a .28. Am currently running an OS Speed in mine but also have a 7 port Sirio CL7B STI which is also very good...

If you want to go back to the standard Kyosho hub/knuckle setup I still have some of the stock (cast) knuckles if you want them (as I run the CNC ones which were released as an upgrade when the long chassis conversion came out a while ago). I can post them to you if you aren't able to get somewhere where I am racing...if you want them, just PM me your address..

If you aren't busy Sunday - I'll be racing at Dartford if you want to come along and have a chat etc - providing the people that run the club are happy - you can have a drive of my ST-RR at the end of the meeting and see how you like the setup. My setup is loosely based on Mike Craddock's setup - Mike is also racing at Dartford on Sunday (with buggy) if you have any questions etc...

CheerS!
M