Community
Wiki Posts
Search

@#$@#%$%^!&^$!#@$

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Angry @#$@#%$%^!&^$!#@$

Don't we all love it when your IPOD goes missing while it's plugged into your radio and your at the driving stand.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

No cause I don't like Ipods I have a ONDA VX777 16gb and I am waiting for the new OPPO S39 (made by Yamaha Electronics) so it is a perfect combo with my SHure SCL4in earmonitors and FIIOO E5 amplifier so I can listen to my favourite music during the heats while I am relaxing!!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Why not use earbuds and keep it on you?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bummer man. I remember seeing your ipod last night and thinking to myself "I'd be worried about that if it were mine". I normally don't pit at that spot towards the end because there is too much traffic through there so that's why the woman stayed and watched my stuff while I practiced. Hopefully the clown that stole it gets what he/she deserves
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The worse this economy gets the more things will get stolen. The days of trustworthy fellow racers is long gone. I don't let my stuff out of my sight for a minute.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I know I could have done more, but I also like to think that I'm amongst trust worth people (not talking about the people around me Bajaracer and my other bud I trust), but hey God isn't without a wrathful side. The person will get what they deserve sooner or later
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i kinda feel bad for you but honestly why would you leave it there unattended?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Dude I had soooooo much stuff out
Tires, wrenches, radio, charger, starter box
The IPOD was covered sometimes it didn't really jump out because its black and everything around it was black but hey oh well right? Chalk one up for experience.
At least my motor was running great
Old 04-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

you will come to find out that...people watch you and wait for you to leave and take things...your best option is to put all things away or have someone you know keep an eye out for ya
Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's amazing how much stuff we all leave unattended while at the track. There would be no way to keep track of it all unless you load it in the car every time you're racing. In 30-45 minute mains the potential for theft is much higher. I think the days of trust are gone. Years ago at mountain bike races while camping at the ranches or state parks we'd leave $5,000 mountain bikes outside our tents at night without a second thought. In the last 18 months many bikes have been stolen so that practice no longer occurs.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

having your stuff stolen at the track sucks, I have never gotten anything stolen beyond an rx pack but friends have.
My friend recently got his rc8 and rc8t(with speed engines) stolen from the back of a truck while packing up. he dropped off his first load went to pick up his radio and starterboxes and by the time he made it back to the truck(five minutes) someone went under to tannau cover drop the tailgate and took off with his stuff.

Makes it almost worth it to scribe you initials on my chassis' or engine blocks just to prove its yours if anyone takes it.