8ight 2.0/8ight-T 2.0 Servo Saver Arm >

8ight 2.0/8ight-T 2.0 Servo Saver Arm

8ight 2.0/8ight-T 2.0 Servo Saver Arm

Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 8ight 2.0/8ight-T 2.0 Servo Saver Arm

Hey,

I was talking to a friend that went to the Canadian Winter Nationals this past weekend and he was stating that a lot of the 8ights we breaking servo arms. So basically the servo arm is a week point in the 8ights. He was saying alot of the guys were just putting in GEN 1 springs in the servo arm assembly and it seemed to fix the problem. I have also heard of people putting just the aluminum servo arm in and that fixes the problem as well.

Now my question is, which would you rather do? Should you keep the GEN 2 spring setup and run the aluminum arm, or go with lasts gen arm setup.

Sorry if this is hard to understand.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

I would just put the 1.0 spring in it and call it a day. I have seen quite a few people run the aluminum arm and then break the lower part. Just my opinion.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I am running the 8T2.0 bone stock. I did buy the aluminum servo saver arm with the truck as I was aware of the weakness, but have not put it on yet. I have just over a gallon on it and with stock spring and servo saver arm is fine, I even run it tighter than most people. I am gonna go ahead and put the aluminum one on for a money race this weekend as insurance.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

I would be very careful with the servo saver as I put the alloy servo saver arm on my 8T 2.0 and tightened the spring a little and went to practise and sheared the top off my servo ..a quality kopro and I also had the alloy servo arm on as well so I think the pressure went to the weakest link...the kopro servo splined knob.
I fixed the servo and backed off the spring and raced sunday and it was fine.
I also had issues similar with the 1.0 as stripped 1x servo and bent a servo arm alloy on another so best to keep the springs backed off in my experiance and check its operation regular and make sure it moves freely.
I would never run the spring tight on these vehicles as in time it will cause you issues and I would say the guys breaking the plastic servo saver arms have there springs on the tight side.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I switched over to the 1.0 spring after I broke the lower half of the servo saver in my buggy and truggy. The new spring doesn't even fit right in some of the lower servo saver, its too big. Team driver recommended the 1.0 spring to me also. People were breaking them left and right at "Motorama", the cold weather inside did not help I'm sure. There was a shortage of new ones to buy at the event because of so many breaking.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sounds like I will go with the 1.0 spring. I might be lucky but I haven't broke the 2.0 arm yet so I will either wait till I break it, or wait until a race comes up that I am in.

Ya from my understanding it was basically every 8ight 2.0 at winternats that wasn't changed over broke.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

3 gallons on my buggy. No problems. Make sure you back the servo saver nut down close to the chassis and thread lock it. You can't run the system as tight as you did on the 1.0 because of the increased stiffness of the srping.

I know some people are running aluminum stuff but then you just rip the top of your servo off. Repairing $100 servos plus the weeks it takes to get them back or........ $8 for new plastics if you do happen to break one. hmmmm.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

About how many threads should the saver be from the bottom on the T 2.0 ? I just picked one up from carolinasrc and was debating on buying the aluminum servo saver arm. But if I'll be safe with just backing the spring down that sounds good to me......
Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

I don't have the 8T. Only the buggy but I'm assuming it should be the same. My collar is flush with the bottom of the post.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
I switched over to the 1.0 spring after I broke the lower half of the servo saver in my buggy and truggy. The new spring doesn't even fit right in some of the lower servo saver, its too big. Team driver recommended the 1.0 spring to me also. People were breaking them left and right at "Motorama", the cold weather inside did not help I'm sure. There was a shortage of new ones to buy at the event because of so many breaking.
+1 I saw many broken there. I checked mine and the springs fit perfectly in the plastics so they must have made a change in that department. I leaft the 2.0 spring in mine and just loostened the nut some and so far so good, but I may pick up a set of 1.0 springs for them.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

What 1.0 servo spring are you talking about? Becouse the 1.0 buggy is not the same than the 1.0 truggy. Some Team Drivers recommend a 1.0 truggy spring in the 1.0 buggy...is that one (1.0Truggy spring) that you are changing to the 2.0 Buggy?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by triloya
What 1.0 servo spring are you talking about? Becouse the 1.0 buggy is not the same than the 1.0 truggy. Some Team Drivers recommend a 1.0 truggy spring in the 1.0 buggy...is that one (1.0Truggy spring) that you are changing to the 2.0 Buggy?
Yes the 1.0 truggy spring is the one I have heard to use.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Yes the 1.0 truggy spring is the one I have heard to use.
OK...thank you...
And we can buy only this truggy spring or just find the package with the nut and tube?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by triloya
OK...thank you...
And we can buy only this truggy spring or just find the package with the nut and tube?
I believe it only comes with the tube and nut, not by itself. but hey you get an extra nut if you ever need it.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm thinking about getting the 2.0 buggy, this servo saver problem seems to be the only problem with the buggy, at least the most talked about.

My question is, what is the most reliable setup to go with?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.