R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   ?? for ADAM DRAKE: GRP .21 Tuned Doesn't Fit Losi Quick Change Engine Mount (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/281649-adam-drake-grp-21-tuned-doesnt-fit-losi-quick-change-engine-mount.html)

thenetwerx 03-09-2009 06:42 PM

?? for ADAM DRAKE: GRP .21 Tuned Doesn't Fit Losi Quick Change Engine Mount

Hey Adam (or anyone else that cares to reply),

I have a Losi 8ight that I bought used which came with the Losi quick change engine mount. I am trying to fit my new GRP .21 Tuned engine that I bought and it doesn't fit. There isn't enough clearance for the width of the lower half of the crankcase and cover to drop in all the way.

Is that normal? It seems odd that Losi promotes the GRP line of engines and their own engine mount won't fit them.

losi_racer 03-09-2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by thenetwerx (Post 5531538)
Hey Adam (or anyone else that cares to reply),

I have a Losi 8ight that I bought used which came with the Losi quick change engine mount. I am trying to fit my new GRP .21 Tuned engine that I bought and it doesn't fit. There isn't enough clearance for the width of the lower half of the crankcase and cover to drop in all the way.

Is that normal? It seems odd that Losi promotes the GRP line of engines and their own engine mount won't fit them.

it fits the kit mounts

JBURCH 03-09-2009 07:44 PM

Mine fits fine :nod:.

brad996 03-09-2009 07:51 PM

can you post some pics and we may be able to help

I have 2 quick change mounts and my motors fit fine

ABURTON 03-12-2009 07:16 AM

Mine fit also, post some pics and we can help. Or try calling horizon to talk with them;) They would be glad to help you.

desertbird 03-12-2009 07:30 AM

I had to grind out the inside of mine to make it work.

Frank L 03-12-2009 12:03 PM

I have had 4 grp's on quick mounts 2 losi and 2 king headz no prob at all. The part that mounts direclty to the motor may be turned around but I have never heard of or experienced this problem.

cjm1126 03-12-2009 12:07 PM

i did that the other day with my engine, i tried installing it with one of the bunks not on properly and it was to tight for the engine to fit in

o.s. power 03-12-2009 03:39 PM

mine didnt fit either. just grind the lower mount with a dremel. You have one of the first batches of the motor mounts thats why it doesnt fit.

thenetwerx 03-12-2009 10:47 PM

Thanks for the help guys

I guess I must have one of the early pieces that is narrower.

itsshemp 03-13-2009 03:55 AM

Yeah, this is odd. With my old Losi, I had to dremel the inside of my mounts to get it in also. I find it strange that others didnt have the same issue. Maybe there were different production versions of the mount.... Hmmmm

No biggy though. Dremel worked fine.

MattP 03-15-2009 05:21 AM

My GRP's fit fine in the losi mount but the only problem I have is that the losi qc mount raises the engine up a tad bit. Once I installed one I had to dremel out the flywheel opening in the chassis so the starter wheel could reach it.

Has anyone else had this issue with the mount? I did measure the mount with my calipers it's about .5mm taller than the stock losi mounts. But once in the car it looks like it raises the flywheel farther than that from the chassis opening.......:confused:

kerrr8 07-10-2009 07:18 AM

problem solved

maybe your screws are too long?!

Stanton 07-10-2009 07:34 AM

<P>

Originally Posted by kerrr8 (Post 6049245)
maybe your screws are too long?!

If you don't use the washers the screws will seem tight but will lift the engine away from the mount about .5mm

Thenetwerx- you have the first batch of mounts that needs to be ground out for the GRP to fit. The later version fits fine.</P>

Frank L 07-10-2009 07:37 AM

The losi fly wheel s up higher. With the ofna chrome drop box I had to raise the motor/ wheel assembley with washers but the ofna truggy box and the losi box both worked without any difficulty and all my engines are on quick chants mounts. I think they are king headz but they all start no prob.