Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some mbx5t questions....set up tips...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Some mbx5t questions....set up tips...

well i picked up a mbx5t for super cheap and it included some stuff i wanted for the d8t when it drops so i said hey why not and picked it up...i paid 450 for the truck...it included 2 new hitec servos in the box(7955 and 7965) which is 200 bucks right there...brand new hump pack...some shocks fluids and diff fluids...and then the car has some king headz stuff..actually alot of kh stuff...wont run all of it...(about 150 bucks worth of kh stuff)...alot of carbon stuff and towers...new j concepts half ups and brand new crimefighters...also a new set of aka's...2 new j concepts bodies...and then 3 boxes full of spare parts and misc stuff...i mean i have atleast 3 full sets of arms for the car..and everything was still sealed up never opened...really is alot of stuff!!....i dont think its thats bad for 450 and it prob has more stuff...but now on to the important stuff...i want to know if its a prospec kit or regular kit...how can i tell??...it does have big bores and some other stuff but is there anything that will tell me for sure....also whats a good start for diff oils and shock oils on this...any other setup tips??...droop?? and stuff like that???...im going to download the menu tonight and try to dial it in a lil bit but u guys are always helpful...ill post pics in a bit...thanks guys...
Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

the prospec would have the machined towers, captured(nut style)hinge pins, the thicker suspension mounts, and aluminum rear hub carriers. With $150 worth of KHZ stuff, it sounds like the guy you got it from most likely had the standard version truck and upgraded it. When I ran the moog 5t, i ran 7/10/2 in the diffs, and 400/350 in the shocks. I think most of the rest of the setup was the prospec box setup, I just borrowed the truggy from my former boss,I never owned it, but I really liked that truck, and that setup worked pretty well. I would imagine that a Scott Hughes or Bobby Tillman setup would be pretty good.

http://www.rc-car.com/Media/News/Sco...ats%202006.pdf
Old 03-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well looks like it is a prospec kit then...i was noticing the rear carriers and also just noticed the captured hinge pins...unless he upgraded everything on the car it is a prospec...i guess thats even better for me...not a bad buy i guess...