Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hey guys=Tips on running in wet conditions? >

Hey guys=Tips on running in wet conditions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hey guys=Tips on running in wet conditions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hey guys=Tips on running in wet conditions?

Hey all, Im wondering what tips you guys have, on running in wet conditions..? Are there any special things, you do just because of it being wet/Damp outside. Apart from Being carefull with Car elecs, and Tx.. Do you Up the ride height a lil.. or so on.. I know about maybe diff tyres.. but do you have some setup tips? cheers.. as its allways raining/wet in uk
Old 03-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Run mud guards. Like at the worlds cover the fuel tank opening in the shell with a peice of old tyre. Richen the engine slightly. Up the ride-height slightly (more weight in mud will make it lower....must counterattack it). Spray GT85 on all the plastics and shell. Silicone the radio box openings. Go and have fun and be prepared for a long rebuild session
Old 03-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default god luck

goood luck
Old 03-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Yea, thanks haha I have sprayed it all with GT85.. I have tried to make some Lexan Mud guards.. but then came off.. Do they do them for the Hyper 8.5.. or atleast one of the Hyper's? In the Uk. Havnt seen any..maybe later will try to make, the lexan stay on..
Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

I used some M2.5 to hold the mudgaurds on, which were made out of some thin carbon fibre sheet. Make sure you use larger washers, otherwise the lexan will crack around the holes.

When its very muddy, I've been using Turbo rats, bought them a few years ago, they only ever come out on the really muddy days. Hobao Angle spikes are good too, never tried the proline badlands.