Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended first Nitro car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Recommended first Nitro car?

I have owned several electric RC trucks but I am wanting to buy a Gas powered truck, buggy, Truggy. I race electric offroad but I don't know if there is an outdoor local track so I might just be using it to bash. Most of the use will be on a local outdoor track and at the dunes in the sand. I want to get a vehicle that is durable, well built and good parts availability. Recommendations? I really like the Losi 8ight but I don't want to spend a bunch of money.
How much better is the Losi competition buggy than the RTR?
Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bugies are not great for bashing...imo....if were geting somthing to bash with and possibly race i would go with the truggy......the kits have better aluminum parts included than the rtr, in general. if you can afford it a kit is the way to go.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

to enter into racing check out your local track if they have a monster truck class revo would be way to go it is good basher and good monster truck class racer if not you can get a used losi 8ight 1.0 on net right now with a lot of extra for cheap real cheap buddy just bought a roller with motoer and elec. for 300
Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

get a monster truck,

traxxas revo
hpi savage X or XL
losi aftershock, lst2, or the new lst xxl it comes with a $250 radio..

MT's are better for bashing and are tougher then all get out. plus the extra hide height will help. Oh and if u find a track you can run the losi's and the traxxas..

idk why the losi XXL was named that tho.. its the same size with bigger tires and a newer motor. it bad a$$ tho
Old 03-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just got my Associated SC8 last week because of weather I was not able to break it in until yesterday so it is still real new to me . With that said I have owned everything from electrics to 1/8th scale buggies as I have a local track. With this truck it is not just a racer it is just plain fun to drive around the house I am going to put in a few jumps behind my house as I live out in the country and have 10 acres and can . I do not know if there will be enough at the track to have our own class but when I do take it there I am fine with running it in with what ever class they will let me . I like it just as much around my house as at the track and in the past I just was not happy with my trucks or buggies unless at the track with the exception of just a good ol monster truck . Hope this helps and good luck on which ever one ya get
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you want to get a durable car for bashing I'd recommend the HPI Savage
Old 03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

idk why the losi XXL was named that tho.. its the same size with bigger tires and a newer motor. it bad a$$ tho[/QUOTE]

it also has a longer chassis too.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default truggy

rc8 truggy for everything racing bashing etc etc truggy its the way to go and a .21 engines o.svspec for 289 you have a good rcing car or guet the ready to run rc8 its a good ready to run
good luck