Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dual Exhaust Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Dual Exhaust Opinions

Im new to nitro rc and have just completed my T Maxx build i bought on ebay it was a complete basket case but the price was unbeatable.. i have replaced everything but the original chassis , servos and tranny. i installed a new 2.5 r and have chosen the RD Logics dual exhaust with twin tips and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this pipe.also i was wondering if the venom temp fail safe would be a good choice, it is supposed to prevent overheating the motor.thanks for your replies
Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ace3
Im new to nitro rc and have just completed my T Maxx build i bought on ebay it was a complete basket case but the price was unbeatable.. i have replaced everything but the original chassis , servos and tranny. i installed a new 2.5 r and have chosen the RD Logics dual exhaust with twin tips and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this pipe.also i was wondering if the venom temp fail safe would be a good choice, it is supposed to prevent overheating the motor.thanks for your replies
get rid of that pipe, it wont allow the proper back pressure.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Skip the venom temp gauge. It works, but you have to set it on the right heatsink fin to get it accurate. Too low it reads too high.

Its a nice failsafe if you lose signal or battery voltage. I didn't like the temp failsafe. It would kick in even if the engine was rich.

The Venom temp gauge is ok if you set it up right but really isn't needed.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Some of the daul exhaust pipes actually work quite well. It's not really a good choice for racing but for bashing around town it will work fine. it also makes cleanup easier.

Avoid the venom temp failsafe. For $25-$35 you can get a IR temp gun that will serve you better over time.......
Old 02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've been using the venom onboard temp gauge and you have to get the sensor located correctly to read right. I played with moving mine until I could get it to agree with my raytech IR temp gun. Its in a fin right at the same height as the shoulder on the glow plug where the wrench flats start. The other imporatnt thing - it needs to be all the way into the fin to the inner wall. Mine is 90deg away from the exhaust port. Set up this way, I get good agreement with my temp gun.

I went this way when I went to a shiny Nova race pro head since the shiny surface mucks with IR temp readings.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dual exhaust = no period

They rob more power than a .12 pipe on a .28 engine. They are there for looks and not performance and only make your engine pissed off and not perform well. As for venom temp gauge can't say.