Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't buy MP9

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dan
The wheels/tires are stock on each. So? Racers don't ever change tires? They must stick only with the stock tires? You just proved my point that the test wasn't really with equal running gear.

My profession is involved with quality. To conduct a test, all possible variables have to be eliminated. There is too much variation in the test because first, gearing has not been addressed, a properly tuned engine, etc. The majority of people here would not take a magazine test or review seriously. I believe most people here are smart enough to do their own research or from experience, rather than relying on a magazine that lists durability as "10+." Again, were they landing exactly the same? etc.

You keep mentioning price. Some people can afford more and thats there choice or not. Most people here can easily afford an SH Z buggy but that doesn't mean they'll go out and buy one right away according to some irrelevant test. A C6 Corvette ZR-1 is about $110K, you think that will stop people from buying $250K Ferrari F430's?? Nope...

Why wouldn't a magazine test be serious? We test the buggy just like you would...There are a few Magazine Editors that are good drivers.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Bottom line is manufacturers are going lean and cheap using crap abs plastics with to much carbon and mixing in other materials to build strength .They think by changing the properties of the materials they will have strength and frexibility of the part .

My phylosophy is stick to the material we all know best even if it means a little more expense.parts should only break on high impact and i mean very high .parts muct wear only not break so easily

Being a manufacturer myself based out of china i only use the best 100% dupont materials original materials not copies made in the usa and imported by us into china .

thats the way to go guys a little more expensive but whats expence when your reputation is on the line

just my two cents worth.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Default this thread is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen

first let me say that I should not even dignify this thread with a post, but I am going to go ahead and do it... why? because I want to express my disappointment with the administrators of this forum for one thing... a thread of this nature should not even be allowed on RC Tech. If this is tolerated, then my opinion of this forum just went down hill... any thread that unabashedly calls out a product and says "don't buy it" is purely malicious in nature and obnoxiously negative... JMO nothing constructive about it.

as for the arms, you're right, they don't see some huge problem... the sales of the arms or replacement of them have not been out of the ordinary. People hit stuff and they break, simple as that. Each and every time we broke and arm (twice), we deserved to be broken. We just finished a long week at a VERY demanding, hard packed, and difficult track, and finished a nasty 45 minute main... NO issues. Did we crash? You bet!

That's about all I can say in this thread. byby now

Last edited by pitpop; 02-23-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well said pitpop.. i do not run kyosho there for i do not have an opinion but i am sure k would address the issue if there was one
Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default mp9

I did not read the thread or the whole issues people are having ,but i can tell you this i just switched brands to Kyosho .I picked up a used mp9 and strr . I just got back from the nitro challenge and had zero issues with my mp9 and qualified 35th in pro buggy with only 2 hours of practice before i left for the race. I love this car and cant wait to race it again. I can back pk up i saw cody bounce a few times off the pipes and flip in the double double section thinking i hope he didnt break . He was good to go as i only had to replace a shock shaft all week long on the used mp9 . The strr was also great and only broke a arm because i cliped a pipe and went right arm first into a backside of a jump. The MP9 wil put you in the front of the pack but it will need you to drive it.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

pitpop,

I checked and this site is run by internetbrands.com which is a USA based company. Here in the USA we have freedom of speech. For most people in the USA it is common to hear other folks opinions and either take it or leave it.

Personally, I'm glad that they don't censor the boards here. I don't even agree with what is being said about the MP9 which is why I made a point to not post to the thread and let it die its lonely death. Now someone like you comes along and resurrects it 3 days later.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

these types of threads are normally nixed, otherwise every item will have a "don't buy this" thread

are you implying I shouldn't post? your hypocrisy is mind numbing
Old 02-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

This thread was an absolute flamewar Anyone could of had started a thread and say like " Dont buy a d8" "Dont buy a 8ight 2.0" absolute nonsence If you dont like the car you should have sold it and have been done with it, not tell other people not too buy it! Every rc has there flaws and there is not a single one out there thats the best!!!!
Quality comes at price! And you get what you pay for in this hobby
Old 02-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pitpop
these types of threads are normally nixed, otherwise every item will have a "don't buy this" thread

are you implying I shouldn't post? your hypocrisy is mind numbing
Yes, I'm saying that if you don't want idiots posting to a thread, don't bump the damn thing to the top of the board. Thought that was pretty clear.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I didn't waste my time reading this whole thread because I have better things to do. I am going to say a few things here however:
1. Every car breaks, deal with it. I broke my MBX6 this weekend, doesn't mean I'm gonna bitch about it, I shouldn't have hit things(or gotten hit by other things). All cars have their issues, the companies that are worth supporting are the ones that FIX their issues.
2. I wasn't sold on the MP9 at all until I saw Mark Pavidis and Kelby Roberts wheel their cars at Motorama this weekend, both were FAST on a rough track where most cars were breaking. Then I came home and saw that both Jared Tebo and Cody King ran fantastic out at the Nitro Pit, Another brutal track layout.
3. I watched Kelby's MP9 smack Greg Degani's Z-CAR on a jump landing, Degani's car didn't drive away. Thats not to say that one car is stronger than the other, but it also doesn't mean the Z-car is indestructible and the Kyosho is a weakling.
4. Anyone who judges a car on 0-60ft times for any reason should not be defending any car, because their credability just went out the window. 0-60 times don't mean anything when the surface changes and you can't get that power down. Or when the track has acceleration bumps coming off a corner. That might be the dumbest test ever run, followed up by the dumbest defense of a car's abilities ever posted on RC Tech. I would rather take a 10 pound lead sled like my old MBX5R or even an old Hyper 7 and have it work then take any car with a good 0-60ft time that doesn't handle for squat. I have never driven a Z-Car, so I don't know how they handle, but I know I don't care what my Mugen, or any of the Kyoshos, Losis, AEs, XRays, or Hypers in my qualifiers run 0-60 when I walk up the stairs to the drivers stand.

Thats all the time I care to waste on this thread,
Chris
Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cfr7
I didn't waste my time reading this whole thread because I have better things to do. I am going to say a few things here however:
1. Every car breaks, deal with it. I broke my MBX6 this weekend, doesn't mean I'm gonna bitch about it, I shouldn't have hit things(or gotten hit by other things). All cars have their issues, the companies that are worth supporting are the ones that FIX their issues.
2. I wasn't sold on the MP9 at all until I saw Mark Pavidis and Kelby Roberts wheel their cars at Motorama this weekend, both were FAST on a rough track where most cars were breaking. Then I came home and saw that both Jared Tebo and Cody King ran fantastic out at the Nitro Pit, Another brutal track layout.
3. I watched Kelby's MP9 smack Greg Degani's Z-CAR on a jump landing, Degani's car didn't drive away. Thats not to say that one car is stronger than the other, but it also doesn't mean the Z-car is indestructible and the Kyosho is a weakling.
4. Anyone who judges a car on 0-60ft times for any reason should not be defending any car, because their credability just went out the window. 0-60 times don't mean anything when the surface changes and you can't get that power down. Or when the track has acceleration bumps coming off a corner. That might be the dumbest test ever run, followed up by the dumbest defense of a car's abilities ever posted on RC Tech. I would rather take a 10 pound lead sled like my old MBX5R or even an old Hyper 7 and have it work then take any car with a good 0-60ft time that doesn't handle for squat. I have never driven a Z-Car, so I don't know how they handle, but I know I don't care what my Mugen, or any of the Kyoshos, Losis, AEs, XRays, or Hypers in my qualifiers run 0-60 when I walk up the stairs to the drivers stand.

Chris
Will you marry me?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Only if you let me drive your sprint car
Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
first let me say that I should not even dignify this thread with a post, but I am going to go ahead and do it... why? because I want to express my disappointment with the administrators of this forum for one thing... a thread of this nature should not even be allowed on RC Tech. If this is tolerated, then my opinion of this forum just went down hill... any thread that unabashedly calls out a product and says "don't buy it" is purely malicious in nature and obnoxiously negative... JMO nothing constructive about it.as for the arms, you're right, they don't see some huge problem... the sales of the arms or replacement of them have not been out of the ordinary. People hit stuff and they break, simple as that. Each and every time we broke and arm (twice), we deserved to be broken. We just finished a long week at a VERY demanding, hard packed, and difficult track, and finished a nasty 45 minute main... NO issues. Did we crash? You bet!That's about all I can say in this thread. byby now
ya , i would say cody wasn't exactly easy on the car or the truck * * thanks for all the help PK , see ya round , stay cool . ************************************************** ******** monty *car is a great car , made for the fast guys
Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

this thread was funny and worth reading it just gos to show how 1 idiot who purchased a mp 9 thinking it will not break be cuz it cost so much and then get arguments started and stupid coments made i say it served the purpose it was posted for
Old 02-24-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cfr7

Chris
Sigh. And you are a top Pro sponsored racer, right?
1. Sure every car breaks, however some more than others, and when many people have problems in the same area, enough for it to be widely known thats called a FLAW, imho. Assoc. acknowledged it on their RC8 and released a service pack.
2. So you saw top Pros running the car and going fast on tracks, so now you have reached the conclusion that wow, all these complaints MUST be wrong. Sound logic you have there, yet you toss around dumbest and dumb like you are an R/C legend.
3. So Kelby's MP9 slammed into degani's Z-Car and broke something. Please link where anyone has said its indestructable? ANY car will break when a 8 lb missile hits it wrong (duh?).
4. You statement is so clueless I hardly know where to start. Defends its 60 foot times for any reason?? So I guess 1:1 car magazines 0-60 times are hogwash? 1/4 mile times? Why do tests exist, Quincy, do expound, since you seem to know everything (take your time)? Are you capable of comprehending empirical data gathered from tests? DO you understand that Xtreme RC has good drivers that DO race and try hard to make the tests standardized? As well, I plainly explained that the one test is not the deciding factor on whether to buy a car or not, but its certainly food for thought. Was that really too much for you to comprehend, rather than your "dumbest defense" statement? Personally I appreciate Xtreme rcs in depth testing of vehicles, and their efforts to provide as much data as possible to racers....at least the ones who can understand it

Your arguments and logic are like a screen door on a submarine...cute, decorative, but in the end full of holes and useless.
If you want to debate like adults cease the name calling, and try and debate with this thing called LOGIC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.