Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Xray XT8 2009 spec >

Xray XT8 2009 spec

Xray XT8 2009 spec

Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Xray XT8 2009 spec

I couldn't find a good thread for the orriginal XT8. so here's the new one.

I hear it should be released mid March.

So what do you guys think about Xray releasing a streamlined refined version of the XT8, rather than a totally new design?

I actually think it was a very decisive move for Xray. I believe that the small changes they made will have a huge impact on how this truggy handles.

As soon as the release is official I will have mine on order.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...c9688f375e89b6
Old 02-16-2009, 11:14 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i think its a real shame that they didnt build an 808 version. the lack of matching parts may only be worth $60, but thats $60 worth of parts you dont have to carry when racing another brands buggy and truggy.

the worst things about the new design is it still has $80 worth of rubbish wheels and tires that you cant give away and it still doesnt come with the 5mm offset hexs that are never in stock.

for all the people that were prepaired for a new car, an update is just a kick in the arse
Old 02-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Ouch! I hope you are prepared to deal with the answers to your question Matt!

I dont run truggy. I had a Hyper ST pro that collected dust so I sold it. I dont have the time, patience, or skills to run buggy and truggy right now, and I love my buggy so much, I dont think I'm missing anything anyway.

i'll do my best to bump your thread as often as possible Matt. Good luck with the new truggy, and your new sponsorship with TEAM XRAY! make us proud boy!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default xt8

Originally Posted by TIX View Post
i think its a real shame that they didnt build an 808 version. the lack of matching parts may only be worth $60, but thats $60 worth of parts you dont have to carry when racing another brands buggy and truggy.

the worst things about the new design is it still has $80 worth of rubbish wheels and tires that you cant give away and it still doesnt come with the 5mm offset hexs that are never in stock.

for all the people that were prepaired for a new car, an update is just a kick in the arse
yup agree on that!!!. might just continue trashing my xt8
Old 02-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think what Xray did was great now I don't have to sink another $600 bucks on a new kit. I can spend less then half that to upgrade the truck I love
Old 02-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Ouch! I hope you are prepared to deal with the answers to your question Matt!

I dont run truggy. I had a Hyper ST pro that collected dust so I sold it. I dont have the time, patience, or skills to run buggy and truggy right now, and I love my buggy so much, I dont think I'm missing anything anyway.

i'll do my best to bump your thread as often as possible Matt. Good luck with the new truggy, and your new sponsorship with TEAM XRAY! make us proud boy!
Thanks Jaz.

I just wanted to start the new XT8 thread. I don't think anyone can come on here and change my mind about how I feel towards it. I think it's going to be a great truggy that will run with the best Truggies on the market.

I also wanted to start a thread where people can come and have their questions addressed.

Unfortunatly I didn't get to see Roccos XT8 up close in Texas. I don't even think it was the modefied one, but I watched him race, and that truck was on fire. unfortunatly he got knocked around by someone else, and lost a wheel. I was on the driver stand watching, because my race was right after his.

Last edited by xlgraphicspro; 02-17-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It sounds like you have to prove to the doubters how awesome the Truck is...win a couple big races,,,that should do it
Old 02-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

I'll do my best. alot of guys don't know this, but theirs alot of tough competition up here in the midwest. I'm positive I'll put it through the wrriinngger just racing every weekend in between big events.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I really wanted a new 809t or whatever they were going to call it. Honestly, I was really disappointed as I have been putting off buying a truggy for a few months waiting on Xray. I absolutely love my 808 buggy and wanted to get it a big brother. However, the slightly modified xt8 didn't do it for me. Nice changes, but I was expecting something a little more drastic to match the 808.

I bought a Losi 8t 2.0 instead. Xray comes out with a redesigned truggy, I will go with the xray. Hopefully next year.

I hate to say it, but I think a lot of folks are going to go with something else.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i think it is good.. they upgraded only what was needed, and from what i hear it was enough.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, i do believe xray said they tried a prototype version of the truggy based off the 808 and it didnt work out so good, although it was just like the 808 it didnt handle like it. So they just descided to make the already bullet proof xt8 platform even better.. But im not for sure, I will have to dig up were i read this lol.

Last edited by Miles G; 02-17-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Miles G View Post
Well, i do believe xray said they tried a prototype version of the truggy based off the 808 and it didnt work out so good, although it was just like the 808 it didnt handle like it. So they just descided to make the already bullet proof xt8 platform even better.. But im not for sure, I will have to dig up were i read this lol.
That's interesting! You be up for the Presidential Trophy race?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

That's the first time I heard that. I'd like to read that story.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just FYI:

This is come after pointing out sales characteristics and customer demands...

Instead of the wheels and tires (that seem to only take up space in the kit, XRAY will only be including the +5mm offset hubs.
Yes this is correct, NO WHEELS AND TIRES, just +5mm hubs.

It will also come with a few tissues.... Haha!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Careful, I hate for you to be the only person on the internet sitting next to 'half-full' glass of water... Lol!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.