Wiki Posts
Search

V Spec Pro Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default V Spec Pro Mod

Anybody got the skinny on the pro modified v spec from os? Hard coated crank with 1 tungsten insert and a lightened head. Couldn't find anymore info.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have one and there are actually two tungsten weights. It has a speed carb, crank, rod and a rear ceramic bearing. The cooling head is drilled like the V-spec II worlds edition except for it is blue. I haven't had a chance to break this engine in yet but it looks very promising. It also comes with a red alum 7mm carb restrictor inserted in it. I've been trying to hunt down specs but it's so new I haven't found any just yet. I will post up once I do find something. I did find this however.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLU4&P=ML
Old 02-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ~Driver~
I have one and there are actually two tungsten weights. It has a speed carb, crank, rod and a rear ceramic bearing. The cooling head is drilled like the V-spec II worlds edition except for it is blue. I haven't had a chance to break this engine in yet but it looks very promising. It also comes with a red alum 7mm carb restrictor inserted in it. I've been trying to hunt down specs but it's so new I haven't found any just yet. I will post up once I do find something. I did find this however.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWLU4&P=ML
You have any pics of the inside? I had a discussion about this on another forum.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

they have a hand matched piston/liner for the best fit. The engine is being driven by few O'donnell team drivers. The engine TQ'ed and lead every lap at the
pro series national championship in the truggy class. The engine just won at the
HCRC Buggy Bailout in Danville, Indiana. There will be four or five O drivers at motorama running the engine.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry, I haven't taken any pics yet. A racing bud of mine took the backplate off of his and that's how we discovered the two weights and speed con-rod.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:22 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default vspec p-mod

We ran one today at REVelation. It had great top and good bottom (in a losi T 2.0) It felt like a speed with a little less mileage but it only has 3/4 gal thru it. It should be in between the speed and v-spec in performance.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds like a slightly cheaper speed to me. Should be a fast motor and last longer than a normal v-spec because of the coated crank and speed rod.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wfo
We ran one today at REVelation. It had great top and good bottom (in a losi T 2.0) It felt like a speed with a little less mileage but it only has 3/4 gal thru it. It should be in between the speed and v-spec in performance.

what reduce and pipe did you guys use?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

so is this taken place of the Speed version? or is it gonna be like the eb moded one and the speed and hara worlds versions will also be available
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
so is this taken place of the Speed version? or is it gonna be like the eb moded one and the speed and hara worlds versions will also be available
Not sure about that. I would assume they would keep the speed, however with the hara edition out they may discontinue the normal al headed speed and force us to pay $130 more for the same engine with a couple holes drilled in it. Or I guess the pro mod could kinda be the new speed. Not sure.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

The Pro Mod VSpec is a in-house O.S. VSpec from Tower/GP. The Speed Al and Speed II are O.S. original factory engines.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ezveedub
The Pro Mod VSpec is a in-house O.S. VSpec from Tower/GP. The Speed Al and Speed II are O.S. original factory engines.
Well i'd be suprised if Great planes would be the ones responsible for modding them and sell them like that... If that is what you are saying... (Doesnt make sense to me)
Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i dont believe they are actually modded, sounds like it just has a ceramic bearing and speed crank with hand fitted piston and sleeve, sounds like they just parted a few different engines to come up with something to take up the gap in between the stock vspec pricing and the speed pricing.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cjm1126
i dont believe they are actually modded, sounds like it just has a ceramic bearing and speed crank with hand fitted piston and sleeve, sounds like they just parted a few different engines to come up with something to take up the gap in between the stock vspec pricing and the speed pricing.
Well hopefully they have the life of an EB modded one or a Speed... Unlike the regular Vspec
Old 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cjm1126
Yup that seems like it to me too.

RyyRyy I'm sure they will last longer than a standard v-spec. It has a ceramic bearing, speed crank, and a speed rod. Those are all the things that make the speed last longer. It is basically a speed. The speed P/S is almost the same as the stocker anyway, and the backplate, crankcase, head button and carb are all the same anyway. Although I think I would get the Mugen JX before this pro mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.