Community
Wiki Posts
Search

os pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the guys using the eb pipe where i race at really like them, they wont use anything but them
Old 02-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Thanks Jay! I just searched that before and found them as well.

Jay.. You can get the OS pipes from Tony's screws for $130 W/ header of your choice.. check it out http://www.tonysscrews.com/category.sc?categoryId=74
cool. thanks. I have also seen 2060's on ebay for $130. But with the ninja you get to pick the header which is nice. I am probably gonna order an EB head button from tony anyway so i might grab the pipe then too.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
cool. thanks. I have also seen 2060's on ebay for $130. But with the ninja you get to pick the header which is nice. I am probably gonna order an EB head button from tony anyway so i might grab the pipe then too.
Yo Krazy! YGPM... Sorry i kept calling you Jay...I thought you were someone else that has the same avatar
Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jpalessi
The 2041 shouldn't feel soft at all on the bottom... What carb insert are you using? What Plug? If you want more power, i can get you a EB Head Button, and you'll make more power across the whole power-band, increasing efficiency, equaling better run time
i think the p3 i have in it now plug wise....... as far as carb , my speed came with a bad carb< os basicly told me to f***off..we wont warranty anything!> so im actually using a grp carb on it. and it works very well.
let me say I WILL NEVER BUY AN OS PRODUCT AGAIN cause of that

miller ive met you before and seen you at the YARD! im one of trey's buddies, i got the pipe from trey....... my next mill will be a jx
Old 02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crawldad91
i think the p3 i have in it now plug wise....... as far as carb , my speed came with a bad carb< os basicly told me to f***off..we wont warranty anything!> so im actually using a grp carb on it. and it works very well.
let me say I WILL NEVER BUY AN OS PRODUCT AGAIN cause of that

miller ive met you before and seen you at the YARD! im one of trey's buddies, i got the pipe from trey....... my next mill will be a jx
The JX is an OS product..lol
Anyway try a P4. You'll make more power, and get better run times. You will need to lean it to compensate for the colder plug.. YGPM
Old 02-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

yeah i just remembered that os makes ninja.....
my gut says to just buy a good reliable nova mill... have had good luck with them in the past!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

once you get the engine working properly you wont wish that you bought a novarossi
Old 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cjm1126
once you get the engine working properly you wont wish that you bought a novarossi
i didnt say i wish i bought a novarossi......... and the motor is working VERY properly. im just saying that os's customer service is crap and thats why i dont have faith in them!other than that they are darn good motors with lotsa power
Old 02-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
You can get em on ebay for $50 + like $10 shipping. Thats where I got mine. Very nice pipe and for the price you can't beat it as the 2060 is like $170. I run the eb pipe or a jp-3 on my v-spec in my truggy. I am tempted to try the new losi re11 which appears to be a more durable, less expensive os 2050. I just can't justify spending $170 for the 2060.

Here is the ebay link. this is the guy I got mine from. he had like 60 when I got mine a few months ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EB-Mods-Tuned-Pi...A1%7C294%3A200
You'll give up a little bit of power with the Losi pipe, but great runtimes.

Interestingly enough, I'm running a Dynamite .053 on my V-Spec... makes plenty of power, and I'm getting about 12, maybe 13 minute runtimes in my truggy. I haven't timed it to runout, but I can run a 10 minute heat race and have 1/4" of fuel left... and I'm running a hair fat, barely temping 200-210.

And just so you know, I am NOT "Mr. Throttle Control." I'm WAY too choppy on throttle, it isn't my finger getting those runtimes.

Not bad for a $50 pipe.

And I have a friend running that Losi pipe on a V-SPEC, he's getting 10 minutes. His dad tried it on the Speed, it was down on power AND wasn't getting near the runtime. It isn't a good match for the speed.

Last edited by DOMIT; 02-11-2009 at 07:37 AM.