Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8ight-B 2.0 Spindle Carrier Question... >

Losi 8ight-B 2.0 Spindle Carrier Question...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight-B 2.0 Spindle Carrier Question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi 8ight-B 2.0 Spindle Carrier Question...

It looks like there is a new part number for the spindle carriers on the 2.0 buggy. I have the aluminum hop-up LOSA1711 and LOSA1708 (spindle and carrier) on my 1.0, Looking on amainhobbies I dont see this aluminum carrier listed under the 8ight 2.0 buggy but the spindle is. Does anybody know if these will still work on the 2.0? I found these two at amain and they look identical but why two seperate part numbers? I didnt think this changed on the 2.0? And last but not least I see the same spindle (LOSA1707) available for both so what gives?

LOSA1709 Team Losi Front Spindle Carriers (8ight 2.0)
LOSA1710 Team Losi Front Spindle Carriers: 8B/8T
Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

1 of them is different. The front camber link is now adjustable so it has an extra hole and you may get more throw with one of them also.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The 2.0 carriers have 2 upper camber link holes. I don't think anything else changed, just more adjustable. The aluminum carriers will fit, you will just lose one hole of adjustment.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
The 2.0 carriers have 2 upper camber link holes. I don't think anything else changed, just more adjustable. The aluminum carriers will fit, you will just lose one hole of adjustment.
you really dont lose any adjustment at all, if anything you gain more, the aluminum spindles let you stack washers under the ball end, this is literally an identical adjustment to using the stock plastic piece on the 2.0 that adjusts the length to only 2 positions.