R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Picco P7R Evo 3 Thoughts? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/273374-picco-p7r-evo-3-thoughts.html)

VenturaDC 02-05-2009 07:27 PM

Picco P7R Evo 3 Thoughts?

just wondering what thoughts people have on this motor. getting a brand new in box one from a friend that went brushless before he could run it,

any idea on a good pipe? he is sending a jp-4 with it, good bad?

Plug suggestions?

VenturaDC 02-05-2009 08:56 PM

back up top

Integra 02-05-2009 09:01 PM

same motor as the JPX .21 with a little different timing.....Dynamite 086 scream's on the JPX....the JP4 will also work very nicely. :nod:

VenturaDC 02-05-2009 09:37 PM

Great!, thank you for the help,

any recommendations on a plug for it?

Integra 02-05-2009 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by VenturaDC (Post 5394584)
Great!, thank you for the help,

any recommendations on a plug for it?

Ofna/Picco med or Hot....THE only plugs i recommend. :nod:

VenturaDC 02-05-2009 09:46 PM

You the man!!!

thanks!!

mfrosty 03-08-2009 12:35 PM

Just installed one of these in my friends Xray buggy and broke it in yesterday. It screams with the JP4 and we're using McCoy MC59 plugs.

t8rtot 03-11-2009 02:27 PM

wat kind of run time are u guys getting?

vladconnery 03-11-2009 02:51 PM

If it's as good as the EVO2 it should be a serious screamer. They run fairly cool I found them quite easy to tune. Not to mention once I got it tuned it stayed tuned. I only needed to adjust it with the extreme weather changes. I run mine at 220 I could run it hotter as some will say. Why though it runs excellent at the temp and makes great power. Since I got my 1st picco based engine a Trinity platinum A. Drake. I have since aquired 2 EVO2 off roads and 1 on road. Found them to be very reliable and at good price. I get 10+ mins out of mine. Of course you can squeeze it for more by leaning it out.

kasarn 03-11-2009 03:32 PM

One of the least talked about beasts out there. Very similar to the P9R but offroad. Look at this dyno from AB Mods of the P9R. I think yours will have a little more bottom end but a little softer on the top.All I'm saying is stock .28 Ninjas, Picco, and OS dyno at 2hp. But it only has about half the Torque. This is a .21. If you want to debate go to AB Mods Dyno before you start flaming. The dyno doesnt lie. Picco is under rated.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/exclusiv...o-results.html

Jaz240 03-11-2009 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by vladconnery (Post 5539854)
If it's as good as the EVO2 it should be a serious screamer. They run fairly cool I found them quite easy to tune. Not to mention once I got it tuned it stayed tuned. I only needed to adjust it with the extreme weather changes. I run mine at 220 I could run it hotter as some will say. Why though it runs excellent at the temp and makes great power. Since I got my 1st picco based engine a Trinity platinum A. Drake. I have since aquired 2 EVO2 off roads and 1 on road. Found them to be very reliable and at good price. I get 10+ mins out of mine. Of course you can squeeze it for more by leaning it out.

Vlad, where did you find Venturi's? I know you are not getting 10+ minute runtimes without an insert

Maximo 03-11-2009 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 5540037)
Vlad, where did you find Venturi's? I know you are not getting 10+ minute runtimes without an insert

With a 8 mm venturi some of my drivers are pitting at 12 minutes using my modded JPX 21.... another pits at 10 minutes and uses 110 cc on average !

Jaz240 03-11-2009 03:57 PM

Yes I know, but I was wondering where the Venturi's are coming from? nobody seems to stock pre-made Venturi's for the Picco/Jammin carbs..Lots of people ask me where I got mine, I had mine custom made, and the guy is no longer making them

kasarn 03-11-2009 04:03 PM

Nitrohouse stock just about anything for Picco engines.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/ad...601170006f8100

-R2- 03-11-2009 04:08 PM

I save my Evo III for big two day races at Rev it has the power to clear all the jumps the engine has cone groove backplate and bigger ports for the sleeve also there's a shim under the sleeve of the cylinder to produce top speed so don't lose it, it's vauable to you engine and is not sold as a replacement, I wish there's more talk of it and it's pricing is right at the afordabilty level but the powerband is competition level, hoping more customers like you an others respond good to the Picco label, we bring these engines in so customers don't need to drop alot of dollars on high speed engines that cost a couple hundred more than what street price is going for, Thank fellow customers for the purchase and spread your unwilling power upon your fellow drivers with a high speed pass.:ha: