Picco P7R Evo 3 Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picco P7R Evo 3 Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a modded by ABmods Picco P7-r evoII dynoed 1.72hp, it is going in my 8ight 2.0 buggy this season. I highly recommend ABmods, good man nice work.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lets please play nice guys.... I would hate to see this thread turn into an argument. Lets keep it informative and useful Carry on guys!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
wow then somthing is wrong wit mine because mine has bigger ports than my two's

No big deal really...but these Picco's already have their ports maxxed out, there is no more physical room to make the ports any larger, this has been the case with every P7 engine I have worked on.... I truly do not think it is even possible to make the ports any larger then they already are... I can take some pics if you don't believe me, I have a P7R,EVO 2,and a EVO 3 as well as a JPX 21 all sitting here right now...... Many of my modded engines have enlarged ports, but with the Picco's the ports are already maxxed out which is why I know the EVO 3 doesn't have larger ports...the only way Picco could have made larger ports is if they shortened the stroke and increased the bore.... You wont find another .21 with ports as large as the Picco P7 engines, the sleeve is like swiss cheeze !!!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Lets please play nice guys.... I would hate to see this thread turn into an argument. Lets keep it informative and useful Carry on guys!

Dude if I didn't already modify my own engines I would be sending them to you !!!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rawdawgga
I run nothing but picco i love the power, and it is easy to tune. But what venturi's you using. I'm running at 220 but only getting 7min a tank could it be i only have a gallon of fuel thruogh it?
Well I use the 8 & 7 venturi's. I have not had any problems with fuel economy. As I do with every engine I get used or straight out of the box. The first thing I do is take it apart and clean it. You would be suprised to see whats left behind from the milling process on a brand new engine. then I lube and seal the back plate, lip where carb sits, the HS, the carb pinch screw. Fuel consumption can be affected by weather and altitude as well.

7 min is really short run time for almost any engine.

Just a side not on the modding. I can't see why you would want to mod these engines they make excellent power. The amount of gain you may get is probably max 15% on any engine. Unless your name is Drake, Truhe or some other greats. The chance that you can take advantage of the small gain is low. Take you $100 and buy some better tires or something that will give you a real advantage like more practice time. Have 2 friends with stock GO 5's finish no less than 8th at motorama. It's not the power you wield its how you wield.

The above was not to offend those who like to modd there engines. However it is a nodd to those who don't.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kasarn
Does he have a dyno to back up his results? Only AB and EB have dynos in the US. Everyone else it just guessing. How can you tune without a dyno to compare results? Lets not start a war. Adam was in XRC last year, plus he tunes cars and bikes. Do some resaerch before trying to flame some one. I have facts, to back my talk. If you need some dyno sheets I can steer you in the right direction. Can you provide any of "Maximos " work to prove it's legit. I'm not bashing just asking for facts. I dont believe in word of mouth. Thats for the playground. I sign up for this forum back in october never used it. I hope everyone isnt like this.Mine is better than yours. Kids.Just toys.
http://www.abmods.com/Dynosheets.html

Dude, you jumped way off the handle..I wasn't flaming anyone!! I did not say one bad thing about your guys..I have been talking with maximo for months and all he does is work on the Jammin/Picco engines..I never said other peeps should stay away from your guys..your drinking to much coffee bro..peace
Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Well I use the 8 & 7 venturi's. I have not had any problems with fuel economy. As I do with every engine I get used or straight out of the box. The first thing I do is take it apart and clean it. You would be suprised to see whats left behind from the milling process on a brand new engine. then I lube and seal the back plate, lip where carb sits, the HS, the carb pinch screw. Fuel consumption can be affected by weather and altitude as well.

7 min is really short run time for almost any engine.

Just a side not on the modding. I can't see why you would want to mod these engines they make excellent power. The amount of gain you may get is probably max 15% on any engine. Unless your name is Drake, Truhe or some other greats. The chance that you can take advantage of the small gain is low. Take you $100 and buy some better tires or something that will give you a real advantage like more practice time. Have 2 friends with stock GO 5's finish no less than 8th at motorama. It's not the power you wield its how you wield.

The above was not to offend those who like to modd there engines. However it is a nodd to those who don't.

you bring up some very good points....And if were are only talking about power I can agree for the most part.... However in the case of my mods there is much more to gain then just power, and if you ran one of my modded engines you would see that for yourself... There is a big gain of runtime, many of my Picco .21's have no issue making 12 minutes per tank, they idle better, have crisper throttle response, they drop back to idle quicker over jumps, better top end run out..have broader powerband that comes on earlier in the RPM range..By feel the engines will feel like a bigger power gain then they would show on a dyno, and as a rule they run much sweeter then their stock counterparts... In many cases most of my customers cannot use the extra power, but they love how consistantly the engine perform on the track, as well they love the feel of the trigger so to speak..... IMHO you would need to try one for yourself to truly understand how much a Picco 21 can be improved over stock.....

if this helps you, here are the guys running my engines at the Canadian Winter Nationals, there are a few trophies missing in the pic tho... but this at least gives you an idea

Old 03-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Thats the point I was trying to make. I love all brand and everyone has there preference. To each his own just toys.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

So kasarn, how about you share your thoughts about all
the different modded motors that you have owned. Who
were the modders and just what is your input about each
of them? I myself have only owned about three dozen nitro
motors since I got into rc. Eight of those are modded. All the
modders that I have delt with are great guys and have never
bad mouthed each other to me. As a matter of fact the ones
I have delt with have respect for each other. I only spent around
eighteen hundred dollars last year on nitro motors. So maybe we
have all missed something that you could fill us in on?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rageworks
So kasarn, how about you share your thoughts about all
the different modded motors that you have owned. Who
were the modders and just what is your input about each
of them? I myself have only owned about three dozen nitro
motors since I got into rc. Eight of those are modded. All the
modders that I have delt with are great guys and have never
bad mouthed each other to me. As a matter of fact the ones
I have delt with have respect for each other. I only spent around
eighteen hundred dollars last year on nitro motors. So maybe we
have all missed something that you could fill us in on?
Originally Posted by Maximo
Dude if I didn't already modify my own engines I would be sending them to you !!!
I think he made his point. Play nice kids.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

So whats the model number for the picco plugs med and hot? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Is this the same as the evo 3 (Ofna .21 Picco O-1BP ) and does anyone have any comment on the dynamite 086 pipe.Thanks in advance, new to 8th scale nitro. Just want to get stuff that will last.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Midnight
So whats the model number for the picco plugs med and hot? Thanks in advance.

OFN51005 and OFN51006

Originally Posted by Midnight
Is this the same as the evo 3 (Ofna .21 Picco O-1BP ) and does anyone have any comment on the dynamite 086 pipe.Thanks in advance, new to 8th scale nitro. Just want to get stuff that will last.

i honestly doubt the O-1BP is the same as the evo 3.....for the sheer price difference...i for see it being a lower end version and something has to have been cut Out to make the price the way it is.

as for the dyna 086....Awesome pipe for the $$...they work on Alot of motor's and the jammin/picco especially.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I was thinking of picking it up b/c they are on sale for 175.00
Old 05-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quick question for those who own the evo3, does the carb come with a carb ristrictor or is it a fixed 8mm carb. I justed purchaesd one and from the pictures it seems like you can't add a ristrictor.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.